Thoughts on Sundays wt about persecution

by nowwhat? 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    for he that is touching YOU is touching my eyebal

Thousands of JWs were tortured and killed in the Nazi regime. Jahs eyeballs should have been totally ruined.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

"Evidently" what the writer meant was that he who is touching our corporate assets is touching my eyeball.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

"Religion is opium for the people." Karl Marx

Straight from Wikipedia:

Marx was making a structural-functionalist argument about religion, and particularly about organized religion.[3][4] Marx believed that religion had certain practical functions in society that were similar to the function of opium in a sick or injured person: it reduced people's immediate suffering and provided them with pleasant illusions which gave them the strength to carry on. Marx also saw religion as harmful, as it prevents people from seeing the class structure and oppression around them, thus religion can prevent the necessary revolution.

How true.

• Ding
    Ding

Any time you try to get a JW to think outside the WT box, they think you are persecuting them.

• geevee
    geevee

Along with the "bug out bag" they will need to go deep into the bush and bury hundreds of bibles.....

• zeb
    zeb

Thanks all for the correction.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I remember when I was 7-8 years old and we were headed home from a convention at Wrigley Field in Los Angeles and all my mom and another sister could talk about was how we need to start burying bibles and literature now because we would soon be under ban.

That was 1955-56. Comforting to know that the important message hasn't changed!

just saying!

• zeb
    zeb

Unless paper is water proofed once buried it will quickly rot.

I wonder what message the magazines from 1956 would have if dug up today, some very very old light?

•  Kingdavid41
    Kingdavid41

That overlapping generation was the final straw to me as well

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Of course! Its perfectly logical!!

Just like, all the Nations (who struggle and kill and send their kids to kill others, so they can KEEP their dominion over their piece of Earth) are suddenly gonna give that ALL up to defeat the religions that they and their people love and has been part of their culture for centuries.

And...

They are gonna do this buy relinquishing their sovereignty to the UN (who cant agree on anything), and send all their young boys to the UN peacekeepers I guess, with I guess all their Tanks, and Jets, and Missiles, so....

The UN with the kids from their country - can come back into their country and Kill their own people with impunity..

so that their young boys with the ARMS that they gave them so the UN could use, would destroy the Religions that they themselves are part of - because they figured out that religion is bad. And the boys who were sent to the UN to come back to their country will kill their own families because they practice the same religion they do.

This IS SOOO OBVIOUS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit