Thoughts on Sundays wt about persecution

by nowwhat? 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    • So let me get this straight. Even though law enforcement has their hands full with illegal drugs and guns on the street, child traffickers, dangerous gangs and such. They are going to now pool all their resources to confiscate bibles and religious literature?! 😆
  • waton
    waton

Yes, it is all about protecting assets of the corporation, and maintain the indoctrination that why they need meetings,

• sparky1
    sparky1

Well yeah... I mean like DUH! Its right there in the Bible you know. They're gonna touch Jehovah's eyeball and then all HELL is gonna break loose.

• zeb
    zeb

I believe that such speech from the wt is just saying how important they are.

Persecution? It would not be beyond the wt to start an antisocial program of some sort to invoke the wrath of governments in one country or more in order to bring action against jw.

Wt had the funds and ability to repatriate the jw out of Nazi occupied lands to the US prior to the US entering the world war but it did not. The wt wanted martyrs.

I am on my third reading of the AV of the bible and do not recall the 'eyeball' quote. Perhaps it is in the wt bible only.yes/no?

• blondie
    blondie

Zechariah 2:8

NWT

For this is what Jehovah of armies has said, ‘Following after [the] glory he has sent me to the nations that were despoiling YOU people; for he that is touching YOU is touching my eyeball.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007606?q=zech+2%3A8+eyeball&p=par
    Just search the WOL using "Zech 2:8 eyeball"
  • sparky1
    sparky1

"For this is what Jehovah of armies has said, 'Following after [the] glory he has sent me to the nations that were despoiling you people, for he that is touching you is touching my eyeball. For here I am waving my hand against them, and they will have to become spoil to their slaves'."- Zechariah 2:8-9 NWT Revised 1984 version

This translation of the scripture is unique to Jehovah's Witnesses as far as I know. You can check this out for yourself on Bible Gateway. In fact in the NWT Revised 2013 edition it has been changed to, "touches the pupil of my eye."

(Please note that my posting was of a humorous nature to point out the ridiculous myopic viewpoint Jehovah's Witnesses have of their own self-importance on the 'world scene'.)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what are the chances of them taking away the source of their energy to enslave the whole earth and make it suitable for reptilians to move in and evict humanity or use it for its own purposes? That bible is the source of all this, and there is no way they are going to remove it. If they did, I believe the removal of the bibles would be the least of our worries--along with the bibles, they will take away our private property. No more cars. No more private homes. There goes your silver and gold, and whatever wealth you might have in any form. And no more pets, either. You will simply work 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, in the worst drudgery imaginable, under Noahide Law and with no time for any type of recreation.

If they were to just take away our bibles (torahs and qurans, also), it would remove the source of this energy. (Assuming it is not already too late--the way I am seeing things happen, I believe it is). Once bibles are gone, people can focus on actual science instead of this fake garbage that is nothing more than a network of lies designed to prevent us from advancing. Let humanity advance without that bible, and the other problems take care of themselves. People would find that drugs actually hold them back instead of helping them--there goes the drug problem. Along with who knows how many other curses that are directly contained within that bible--including most racial tension (which is obvious when you read Genesis chapters 6-10).

I can live without bibles. But the reptilians that rule our planet cannot. Hence, banning bibles and the jokehovian witless (and other xian religions) is going to hurt them a lot more than it's going to hurt me. And, as with a major drug addiction, pulling out the religion out from under their feet is going to hurt those with much invested in it for a short time. Once they break free, however, it is going to benefit them (and everyone else). Those who simply will not break free from that religious cancer would be segregated so they cannot spread it back or try and force everyone else back into their cancer, or commit suicide. And the reptilians would lose their source of energy. Is this what they want? I don't think so.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    zeb - "...It would not be beyond the WT to start an antisocial program of some sort to invoke the wrath of governments in one country or more in order to bring action against JWs..."

Pretty sure that's kind-of-sort-of already happening with their increasingly stringent pedo-court-case non-cooperation.

Passive-aggressive, but that's not that surprising, really.

• sir82
    sir82

Oh, and don't forget the "photo" (from a recent WT article) of future world leaders clustered in a small conference room, with a TV monitor image of Sam Herd in the background.

Yeah, let's ignore the 800 million Muslims who are rioting because "we banned their religion"! Let's concentrate all our efforts on finding this doddering old man!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

As I told my mother recently, when we start hearing about western countries changing their constitutions to abolish freedom of religion, then I will start attending meetings again. Until then there is simply no evidence that any of this stuff will happen.

No politician is looking to have mass rioting on the streets to deal with because religion is suddenly outlawed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit