New light from GB member David Splane!

by Island Man 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

David Splane mentions babies born 10 minutes before or after because he knows that they will one day quote him and show that an overlapping generation includes a baby born 10 minutes before Freddy Franz died.

I am sure these guys didn't slow down to think of the ramifications of "life before birth."

I get what a real "overlapping" generation is. If you wanted to mention the generation of 1914, some of the people alive at 1914 would be near the end of their lives and some would be closer to the beginning, but their lives all overlap at 1914. So Watchtower is really talking about the 1992 generation with their goofy theology.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

So according to all of the above scriptures, a Biblical "generation" is between 35-40 years long

Even the Bible isn't that precise. Take a look at Genesis 15:13-16:

Then He said to Aʹbram: “Know for certain that your offspring will be foreigners in a land not theirs and that the people there will enslave them and afflict them for 400 years. 14 But I will judge the nation they will serve, and after that they will go out with many goods. 15 As for you, you will go to your forefathers in peace; you will be buried at a good old age. 16 But they will return here in the fourth generation, because the error of the Amʹor·ites has not yet reached its full measure.”

By this passage, a generation could be 100 years (400 / 4)

• Alive!
    Alive!

Just watched the broadcast - the explanation of the chart... The 'for arguments sake' comment re the dates of the birth and death of Franz - why make that comment unless you want to plant that thought in the mind? This is a broadcast which reaches JWs globally - many hang on every word.

Dates, dates and more dates.

Truly, a searching Christian would have every right to question whether these men speak for God....I know my conclusion.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Just a note: Joseph was the 7th son. Leah had six sons already. Joseph was Rachel's first. Exodus 1:6 includes "all his brothers". So, someone who died 10 minutes before Joseph died or was born 10 minutes after he died WOULD be included in the generation since the generation included Joseph and "all his brothers."

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

- babies start living only after they're born. Before they're born, they're not yet alive! lol.

What insanity is this?!!! What a sick bastard, and what and idiotic sick bastard......Oh gawd I hardly believe this irrational crap...I must watch and have a good old analysis of every single word he says...Words are so revealing...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

EdenOne: LOL you just can't make this stuff up, can you?

No YOU can't, but THEY can, ... and do.

In fact, they doo-doo!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• prologos
    prologos
    leaving_quietly

since the generation included Joseph and "all his brothers."

Yeah, just like the scales on a [clean] fish, all the scales overlap each other, one big scale.

• steve2
    steve2

Yeah, just like the scales on a [clean] fish, all the scales overlap each other, one big scale.

Prologos, that is a most apt metaphor. Because generations overlap does NOT mean we have one big generation.

This basic commonsense notion - overlapping does not render "generations" into a single "generation" - gets completely lost in the wafts of their convoluted explanations of what "this generation" is referring to.

• baldeagle
  • Listener
    Listener
    Baldeagle, when you have the power to decide your own answers you'll win every time. Problem is, they might not like the prize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit