WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR THERE DEATHS.

by nightwarrior 20 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

((((((((((( mouthy, Ken P, and others who have brought others and family into JWism,)))))))))))

I know it is as you said, mouthy. That the hardest to forgive is yourselves. I also believe what else you said that God forgives you all. You all have my deepest heartfelt sympathy and I can empathize with you. I only pray that you can somehow find it in your hearts to forgive yourselves and truly accept that you were not responsible simply because you DID NOT KNOW that it is a cult at the time you directed people into it. I pray that you don't suffer anymore mouthy. And just think of the WONDERFUL messages you've given to people since you've left! I heard you address a crowd somewhere on the net ( I don't rmember what site it was downloadable from ) and your honest and true thougths were TRULY heartwarming to others. That includes myself very much.

I love all of you,

gwen

HI, (((((((((outnfree)))))))))). I didn't leave you out on purpose! You were posting at the same time I was.

Edited by - somebody on 27 January 2003 10:19:47

• LB
    LB

Everyone of my students were smarter than I was. So none of them got baptized. My guilt lies in the fact that my son is still a witness. Although he's not as good as a witness is supposed to be so that gives me hope.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Ah, so we're in a cult and do something, that retrospectively, we'd rather not have done.

And we have to slash our wrists in guilt, do the sackcloth and ashes? Obviously if you feel this way, well... okay. Maybe if I'd ever assimilated someone into the Borg, I'd feel differently. But in my journey out, I realised the huge amount of control that had been in my life. If your life is being controlled, you will do things you otherwise would not do.

But a cultist is a culstist, QED. Basically, bringing someone into the Borg was part of the package, an expectation. It wasn't something we did because we were an asshole, or evil, or bad. Therefore guilt about it, to me, seems an indulgence.

Certainly I think I'd feel a responsibility to let them know what I'd found out. I have two kids being raised by a Dubbie x-wife. I am have and will continue to help have free minds, and as my eldest daughter this weekend, without any prompting what-so-ever referred to the women in one local congregation as 'stuck-up bitches', talked about hypocritical Elders, and said she thought a lot of the beliefs were 'silly', I'm quite happy she's got a good head on her shoulders.

Oh, the Subject of this thread is so ungrammatical that it makes me wince. 'Their', not 'there', as in 'it is their car' and 'the car is there'. Two words, sound same, spell different.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

To all those who brought people into the Troof- If you wouldn't have done it, someone else would have. If you had been assigned to a different car group on the day that you knocked on their door, someone else would have had that bible study. The JW message is usually the same when they all go door to door together. The people that you studied with would have been equally interested if someone else had knocked on their door.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I often think of the one Bible Student that had who progressed and got baptised. The last I heard he aux. pioneering. The truth is that he approached me and asked me about the J W beliefs, and the study went like clockwork, he seemed to have worked it out already and really wanted to do it .

I do feel guilty though. Right now I am in a state of limbo, but if ,or when ,the congo ever catches up with me and I am dissed, I will make sure that that young man gets another witness. This time telling him the real truth.

Mouthy, Grace,

Do not blame yourself. I am sure that people take it up because they want to, not only because of our efforts. You loved them and did what you believed right for them . That is an honourable thing.

• rocky220
    rocky220

uh.....Nightwarrior, you need to lighten up man, we woke up and we are out....that's it.

rocky220

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

HI THERE

Sorry if i raised any awkward questions but the general consenses is that some are feeling guilt which i guess is not uncomon in the circumstances as real thinking stewards of jehovah, the creator we know now that we were wrong now but blame must be apportioned to the borg as we were all under the influence of there teachings as in being drunk with false teachings we as a community thought we were acting somewhat along the lines if the disciples,in promoting the creators work but we should feel no shame in this fact,

only one last thing to say,this being an emotional subject to honest caring people whom are still conected to the borg through family ties

YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CANT MAKE IT ????????????????K

Thats right for all your loving concern towards your loved ones or family members or just friends,remember ther is still time for them to analize the situation they are in,they just as you did

Remember That jehovah is also a loving god, whom knows all,he allso forgives freely.

agape love to you all ,

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I conducted several Bible studies, but only one became a Witness, my aunt. She remained in it until her death. Wish I could undo it, but I can't. So I just pray that she is at rest and peace. Too late to beat myself up over it.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I know I didnt bring anyone in, I never even placed books or conducted bible studies, except with the children of my mom's bible studies, usually that involved reading from My book of bible stories. Ho-hum

• neyank
    neyank

I was a bad salesman for the WTS.

No studies.

No placement of mags.

I sure am glad I stunk as a WTS salesman.

neyank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit