WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR THERE DEATHS.

by nightwarrior 20 Replies latest jw friends

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

We are all liars everylast one of us ARE LIARS.

We have deliverd bible studys directly into the jaws of death ,do you feel any responsibility to the crimes inflicted upon others,if so who was it and what are you doing about it now??????????????

How many lives did you effect, have you tried speaking to them say by letters or emails.

• D8TA
    D8TA

I never had a bible study, never placed a book. I did place some magazines, but mostly on doorsteps.

• Francois
    Francois

It's hard to make converts when you place magazines by slowing down to 80 mph at the laundromat on the way to the Waffle House so you can throw in a few old magazines.

Besides, we didn't bring them in. It was Apollo or somebody like that. Dontcha remember? We were to take no credit for "bringing someone into the troof" it was big daddy Jahoober what did it. And the individual what came in made up their own minds to do so. Therefore, ipso facto, sine qua non, and pat. pend., they are responsible for theyselves.

francois

• somebody
    somebody

I never started a bible studies either. I did place magazines too. But most of them I was placing it the trash can in the ladies rooms at the coffee shops we stopped at for coffee breaks. this way, I wasn't lying when I reported how many magazines I had "placed". I would simply wrinkle up paper towels to through on top of them in the trash can in order to hide them in case anyone in my "group" went to the ladies room after I did. I guess it was my own theocractic warfare. Only I didn't know it at the time. Could it have been Jehovah's spirit upon me? back then I was throwing them away only because I was forced to "report" how many magazines I placed. I was extememly shy at the time and absoletely hated going out in service. I did not look at it as a "privilege". I looked at it as it really was. I was forced agaist my will to do it, by my parents. Until I was legally free to make my own decisions, I had to follow my parent's rules.

I understand what you are saying to a certain degree, nightworrior. And I am thankful that I never raked anyone into the sect. I feel bad for those who have who now see that it is a cult. But I certainly think only God knows what was in their hearts at the time and they obviously weren't aware of what they were directing people into. they are not to blame as far as I'm concered. Their leaders/teachers are responsible. That being the WBTS.

peace,

gwen

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

No guilt at all...Never had a bible study. Placed a few mags but never followed up on them. And now I don't go out in service at all.

Diamond

• Undecided
    Undecided

Well, some time back I saw this sister that I had studied with and her and her husband both came into the truth(theocratic phrase). Also their children are active witnesses. We were in the grocery store and she came over to me and said she had never thanked me for bringing her into the truth and she wanted to thank me now.( It had been 30 years ago that I had studied with them) I didn't know what to say. I just sort of ignored that line and talked about the tomatoes.

Ken P.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I am guilty of placing a few rags and maybe going on a few RVs but I never had a study, nor can I say that I was earnestly searching for one. I did happen to accompany the elder I was studying with on one of his studies but after a few minutes there, it was apparent to me that this disabled out of work guy was just humouring him because he needed some steady company.

In the whole 40 years my wife has been associated with the "trooth" I think she's only had about 6 or 7 studies, most of whom were her younger brothers and sisters whom she became obsessed with saving after she was newly baptised some 15 years ago. The other 2 or 3 she had quickly discontinued their study for reasons unknown, but I suspect that these people questioned others about the org and took a pass.

When I was still in, I used to hear of the phenomena of JW's "praying" for a study and then when they get one, feeling that they were blessed by Jah somehow. My gut told me it was a crock then but now, I can't believe people could be so stupid as to fall for that.

Was anyone else here privy to the phenomena of "praying for a study"?

• gumby
    gumby

I studied with a few that later were baptised. One couple with 3 kids I found on a saterday doing magazine work. They became our close friends and were over every weekend. That happened in the early 80's and to this day the couple and the oldest daughter is still in the borg.

Me.....talk to them? Yeah right! They know I am an apostate......why would they listen? They are programmed robots in the sense of tuning out anything coming from an apostate. I do however feel a sense of responsibility to do so. I suppose I could call just to see if they would speak at all and hope they would bring up the subject....
    "why don't you come back in the truth"?

Gumby

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh How I wished I hadnt opened up this line!!! Yes I am guilty!! of 10 people becoming JWs -some even dying while they were JWs( My daughter had left it) but I made my sister-in-law a JW ( died)- And many others -they are still there -shun me-Do I feel guilty--Well to answer your question!YES! I cried nearly all day yesterday ( Not a thing I do often) But I was thinking of all the folks that are strong JW because I "Pushed them into service" Now since I have been a christian I know that GOD forgives -Dear God I wish I could!!! I cant .. Does this answer your question?

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((Mouthy)))))))))

It took a study when I was in my teens, some intervening years, the birth of my first child, and then FIVE YEARS for me to finally quit smoking and take the plunge into the baptismal pool. Trust me, honey, if those folks hadn't wanted to become JWs, heaven and earth wouldn't have been able to make them join. For me, it was the appeal of paradise and man living in perfect harmony. I so WANTED to believe that was going to happen and I could be a part of it. I'm sure it's the same for many.

As for myself, I had three Bible students -- not a one came into "the truth". Two are still friends as they were my age. The other was younger and just in sad circumstances. Once those got resolved she had no NEED for a Bible study. And I learned from her -- she wouldn't hear of putting her family in second or third place in her life (behind God and the organization).

Anyway, I don't feel "bloodguilty", but I DO feel a great deal of remorse at raising my kids to be JWs and making them "different" all the time from their friends and classmates -- who were mostly really nice, non-JW kids. (And MY kids were allowed to do lots of stuff other JW kids could not, because I used the old "their not-a-JW-dad SAYS they can" line -- even for things that I wanted them to be able to experience!) I have asked their forgiveness and they have given it, thank goodness!

No need to beat ourselves up over something it was decreed was the RIGHT thing to do, IMHO.

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit