I feel trapped...I might return to the Borg....

by JustHuman14 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

You miss and love your family

you stood your ground but none followed.

i live inside for the sake of my family so I can half understand your dilemma

many of us say we would die for our family. Would we go back to the WTS for our family?

if you believe you can mentally handle the duality and be happy then who could fault you for going back? Don't look for the approval of outsiders for your decision, you must give yourself permission and approval to live that way and be happy about it. If you can then you'll be successful, if you can't then you should not go back

good luck my friend

woj

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Necessary family business Justhuman 14??? Is not illness considered such? I understand your Dad is a co, but what about mum or siblings?

Whatever you do please read Steve Hassans "combatting mind control".

Make a decision after reading that so you have the tools to deal with whatever you have to face. It may help to seek a therapist too....that way if you do go back (and then cite illness as a reason to fade) you will have somewhere to sound off!

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Thanks all for your comments, really appreciate it. I have been through a lot of turmoil to take that decision, Well I found a way to get way with all that crap, I read "Crisis of Conscious" at the meetings!!! I love tablets!

Since I have lost complete contact with WT the last 10 years, in fact I have logged into the forum to find out what is the "new light". I thought I could just break free. I really don't know what is the process of the reinstatement, and most of all how long it will take. Does anyone from here knows the time frame for that process. To be honest that is my major concern and I hope is not going to take long.

My dad Diogenesister ( you played nicely with the words for your name) has passed way before I was disfellowshiped. The point with my health is still I'm able to function as I used, but it takes more effort to the things I used to do.

I know how to "play" around with the cult, I have lot of excuses to avoid them and become inactive once more, Plus my work evolves frequent flights at least once a month. My plot is to reinstate, and immediately I will change cong since the current one is far from my place. Then I will use excuses, work and health issues and hope they will leave me in peace.

Again thank you all for your comments

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

From what I've read on here it seems that reinstatement takes a minimum of 6 months, but there's been a recent push at elder's schools to keep them from reinstating in less than a year. It can depend a lot on the congregation, though so maybe you'll get lucky. I know for some it takes multiple years. They'll also likely grill you and try to get you to confess any and all sins that you committed in the last decade, and I suspect that will also influence the amount of time that it takes for you to be reinstated.

Best of luck to you!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My advice? Don't bother trying to get reinstated.

Odds are they don't really want you back, anyway.

• steve2
    steve2

The pull of family is strong. You make it clear you cannot abide being in the organization. Having been away for 10 years, you'll likely feel even more out of place than before. I can see you enduring meetings, feeling sadly resentfu. That's got to be hsrd on your health.

But, hey, people make all sorts of sacrifices for family.

Yet, from another perspective, losing family but still retaining personal integrity and self-respect may be of even greater value to you at this time. "Unto thine own self be true". Complying with family for the sake of pleasing others and regaining approval may be a hollow achievement knowing TTATT.

Your family. Your life. Your self-respect. Your decision. Best.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

God, at least a year!!!!! NO WAY DUDE....that will have a negative impact for my health. If I take into consideration that I was kicked out due to apostate views and associating with apostates(I had communication with Ray Franz), then what chances do I have? And also in no way I will sit and discuss my "sins" in the last 10 years. If they like to quote from the prodigy son parable, and they are encouraging people to come back the have to follow what the example of the parable. Did the father of the son asked him to wait couple of years in order to accept him back, or he was happy because he returned and accepted him without any terms and conditions?

I know from personal experience that a person who was disfellowshiped and reinstated in less than 4 months, and I was surprised because they knew that there was some involvement of apostates, despite the fact he was disfellowshiped for fornication.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As steve said:

Your family. Your life. Your self-respect. Your decision. Best.

Since you asked, if it were me I would have to consider whether I wanted to be back...If you are going to get very ill, they may be useful people to know? ....but that is thinking selfishly.

Shakespeare wrote "To thine ownself be true" and if I were facing serious health problems I would at least want to stand for what I really was....

As has been said. Your family are perfectly free to be in touch with you at a time like this (within J W rules) ..If they want to..

• Peony
    Peony
    My old congregation took 3 years to reinstate a sister!! I think it depends on BOE, they were hardcore in my Cong!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ JustHuman14...

If you "feel trapped" now, just wait 'til you go back...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit