JWs vs. Baha'i

by LDH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If I had some spiritual angst to calm, it would definitely be a toss-up between Unitarian Universalist and Baha'i for my attention.

Since I don't have any spiritual angst to calm, the keyword where it comes to religion, for me, is still "toss-up".

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

um, guys, check out Bahai Faith chat room and start asking some serious questions.

Read what ex members have to say on the net.

I think you will find some things frighteningly familiar.

It is the same thing all over again.... only different, but yet, the same.....

and yes, they practice shunning. Thats enough for me.

Thanks, but no thanks.

-LisaBObeesa

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lisa

Do you have the address?

SS

• LDH
    LDH
  • lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

SS,

The chat room I have been to (and am in now :) is on AOL, under "People Connection", under "Life", under "Beliefs Bahai"

It is not in the "Members" section, so I think maybe people who are not aol members can go to this room, but I'm not sure how to get there from outside...

-LisaBOBeesa

edited to say, could that Bahai web site LOOK anymore like a WT mag??

Edited by - LisaBOBeesa on 10 January 2003 23:39:35

• Satanus
    Satanus

Umm LDH, you are a lisa too, aren't you?

lisabobeessa

When you are at the site, do a right click on the address in the box, click copy. Then you can paste the address into your post here It should work.

SS

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

SS-

Hard to believe I know, but when I am signed on to AOL, and am in one of their chat rooms, there is nothing in the address bar above...because i am in AOL twilight zone...I asked in the room if there is a way for people outside of aol to get there and no one knows how...I don't think you can. Maybe Yahoo has a Bahai chat? I'm going to look....

-LisaBOBeesa

• Introspection
    Introspection

I know someone who's a Baha'i, and although I've tried to talk to people online and went to a Baha'i youth group fireside I think it was, nobody has been able to tell me the basic premise of the religion. So I don't know enough about it to say anything, but I think there is one thing worth pointing out..

The subject title of this thread, "JWs vs. Baha'i" is basically religion vs. religion. They're both religions. I'm sure atleast for some, there is no need to elaborate on the significance of this statement. However, it does appear that people tend to make the assumption that religion makes people better or worse, but I think a more accurate way of describing it is whether it clarifies or confuses one's humanity. The funny thing is, if you're talking about learning to be a certain way, it basically implies that there's something missing right now. On the other hand, if it's not a matter of trying to alter (basically re-condition in some way, yet conditioning is conditioning) behavior and such, it would point to what's already here, a matter of re-cognition. It really works on two very different levels, you might almost say one is external and one is internal. Of course, it's a matter of how you think of religion too. If you look at religion as pointing the way, I think you'll avoid fanaticism and generally be okay. If you believe in it religiously, you've probably already missed the point.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Lisa says,

the Bah Faith

happytobefree says,

Bahai

Waiting says,

Bahai

Simon says,

Bahai

Then sableindian says,

Bahaulla

Then the official website says:

Baha'i

It's all bullshiit.

I don't trust any religion which needs proper punctuation to exist and that is that about that.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Is it just me or does this look like a Watchtower cover?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit