JWs vs. Baha'i

by LDH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    A New Name

Founded in the mid-nineteenth century, the Bahá’í Faith has spread to some 232 nations and territories and is now accepted by more than five million people.

The Word Bahá’í means “follower of Bahá’u’lláh.” Bahá’u’lláh was the Prophet-Founder of the Bahá’í Faith. His name in Arabic means “The Glory of God.” His followers believe that Bahá’u’lláh's writings are an expression of the Holy Spirit and are the Word of God.

Hmm, so all this 'proof' that JWs are the real thing---What's up with the Baha'i faith? Both religions started around the same time. Both have right around the same number of follwers.

A growing number of people are becoming interested in the Bahá’í Faith, not only because it contains profound spiritual teachings, but also because it shows how spiritual principle can be put into action in effective ways. Bahá’u’lláh’s message offers intelligent and reasonable solutions to the myriad issues faced by humanity in the modern age.

Reads just like the 'Mission statement' for the Awake magazine, huh?

So you might think they're the same bread, different butter. But I've found some drastic differences. For one, the Baha'i believe in community service.

The most effective way for an individual to ensure personal spiritual growth, as well as to contribute to the progress of civilization, is to develop and use his or her talents and powers in service to humanity.

For a Bahá’í the highest achievement in life is to do good for our fellow human beings. Bahá’u’lláh taught that work, when performed in the spirit of service, is equivalent to the worship of God. Social and economic development in this new model is a process driven by the human spirit rather than by material resources.

Most Bahá’í social and economic development projects are small in scale and local in scope. They have a high rate of success in producing positive and lasting change.

New Social Laws for a New Era

The teachings of the Bahá’í Faith are intelligent and progressive. Fanaticism is forbidden, and Bahá’ís are counselled to prefer others to themselves. These are among the animating principles of this fast-emerging faith community:

*Oneness: one God, one Humankind, and one Evolving Faith
    *Elimination of all forms of prejudice
    *Complete equality of women and men in all aspects of human society
    *Belief that truth is one and, therefore, scientific and religious truths are in harmony
    *Universal compulsory education for all children throughout the world
    *Establishment of a world language that everyone will learn in addition to their native language
    *World peace through world governance
    *Elimination of the extremes of wealth and poverty
    *Free and independent investigation of truth by every individual

Any thoughts?

http://us.bahai.org

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

LSD,

We as JW's don't go against with other religions, however we got our name from the Bible.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

please tell me

they dont publish any magazines weekly?

and they dont think of themselves as the only road to salvation?

"one evolving faith?"

S

• crossroads
    crossroads

Fred where did the name JEHOVAH come from?

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

I have met a few people whose faith is Bahai. I recently worked with a young lady who was raised in this religion and continue to in this faith. I was impressed with her knowledge of other cultures, religions. And yes community service is very important to their beliefs, as well as education. I don't know all of the particulars of this religion. But I can say, I found my discussion with her very refreshing and have considered looking into this faith a little more.

Happy to be Free (Me)

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Fred,
    Pick up the blue door stop you have

the aid to stopping bible understanding

1971 "Why, then, is the name [Jehovah, or YHWH] absent from the extant manuscripts of the Christian Greek Scriptures or the so called 'New Testament'? Evidently because by the time those extant copies were made (from the third century C.E. onward) the original text of the writings of the apostles and disciples had been altered. The divine name in the Tetragrammaton form was undoubtedly replaced with 'Kyrios' and 'Ho Theos' by later copyists." {AIDB 887} [so there is no evidence at all that "YHWH" or "Jehovah" were ever intended to be used in the New Testament - though the Society has packed it with such references in its NWT version of the Bible]

1971 "The first recorded use of this form [Jehovah] dates from the thirteenth century C.E. Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk of the Dominican Order, used it in his book Pugeo Fidei of the year 1270 C.E." {AIDB 884-5} [so the insisted-upon usage is unscriptural]

got to love RAY dont ya!

• crossroads
    crossroads

Steve- steve-steve;
    Fred was suppose to answer this was going to be fun.

• willy_think
    willy_think
    1971 "The first recorded use of this form [Jehovah] dates from the thirteenth century C.E. Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk of the Dominican Order, used it in his book Pugeo Fidei of the year 1270 C.E." {AIDB 884-5} [so the insisted-upon usage is unscriptural]

oh, it's a catholic thing

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • stephenw20
    stephenw20

W_T

yes and they (wtbts)printed it..........how many dubs know this ...few

if you tell them they will argue about it

and if shown .....

subject will change

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Would you guys stick to the topic.......JWs vs. Bahai.

Start you Jehovah's name argument somewhere else. JEEEZ

Happy to be Free (Me)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit