JWs vs. Baha'i

by LDH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Carmel has some interesting information about the Baha'i movement. I don't have his e-mail before me, but if he sees this, I'm sure he'll have good input.

If he's in the mood, that is.

waiting

• crossroads
    crossroads

Hey fella's George's new girl friend just showed up at the coffee shop.[ Sienfeld ref.-for any in the dark]
    I guess the conversation can't go on to a logical conclusion.
    Sorry we made you sad happy-maybe just maybe you
    should let us be free.

• crossroads
    crossroads

Hey fella's George's new girl friend just showed up at the coffee shop.[ Sienfeld ref.-for any in the dark]
    I guess the conversation can't go on to a logical conclusion.
    Sorry we made you sad happy-maybe just maybe you
    should let us be free.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Crossroads, we think to much alike.....

But let s respect EVERYONES RIGHT TO freedom to be happy...and freedom of thread continuity and freedom of expression.......

hey wait a minute!

I 'm done .............happy.
    s

• terraly
    terraly
    *Universal compulsory education for all children throughout the world
    (snip)
    *Free and independent investigation of truth by every individual

Aren't these two in direct conflict? Compulsory education as a means of free and independent investigation of the truth?

• crossroads
    crossroads

Happy; I'm back hope you don't mind, I like this coffee shop.
    Terraly-if childen can't read how can they investigate the truth,
    if they can't add how will they be able to weigh one side vs
    the other,
    if they can't write how do they tell others of what they found.
    I don't see any contradiction here.
    You'll have to explain your point better.

• Simon
    Simon

I could be wrong BUT...

I think the Bahai count everyone as still a member, even after they have died. This would naturally boost their numbers somewhat.

...I'm sure I read that somewhere !

• RR
    RR

FredHall

We as JW's don't go against with other religions, however we got our name from the Bible.

Yeah, only you ursurped it from the Jews!

• sableindian
    sableindian

This is a very interesting thread. I am of the Bahai Faith. Born a Hebrew and Native American. Married a Bahai and after researching for myself, decided this is what I was born for. I enjoy doing for others and working hard to bring racial harmony and education to others. But the information of the tender and loving men Bahaullah and Abdul Baha won my heart. Did you know that we teach that if a family has 2 children and only enough money to educate one, that one should be the female? Because the male will have a way made for him by being the dominant one in society. Also the comment about compulsory education was for the government to take that responsibility. Did you know that iliteracy is high even in America where there is compulsory education? Education is important not only for helping oneself but for helping your fellow man.

A feast is free and if possible, try to attend. It is casual and mentally stimulating. The Bahais also do not try to change ones culture. Beautiful. So if you are a rose...you may keep YOUR petals in the Garden Of God.

• sableindian
    sableindian

You may also like this link. http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week615/profile.html

I have invited some friends to come to the forum also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit