How far back can you go?

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Some of my earliest memories were in Japan before my parents divorced. I was 3 1/2. I remember we had a tiny apartment with a large, fuzzy, yellow duck hanging from a long spring in the kitchen doorway. It used to bounce up and down as if it were on a bungie. I also remember sliding down an ice slide at the Sapporo Snow Festival. I remember feeling the cold on my face and giggling. My dad was close by and laughing at me when I got to the bottom. I remember feeling incredibly happy. I found out later that someone took my picture and it actually got in the local papers. I have a clipping somewhere boxed away.

But I have a hard time remembering what I ate for lunch today.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Don't remember how old I was...but I do remember lying on the floor at assemblies, on my favorite blankie, wide awake, watching all the adults, trying not to fall asleep.

Years later, I remember looking at other babies, lying on the floor, or in their carriages [ later replaced by car seats or car carriers, because carriages were a potential safety hazard LOL ], and thinking to myself, I wonder if those babies realize how lucky they were.

• Francois
    Francois

I can remember things back to the age of two. One of the things I clearly remember was sticking a bobby pin into an electrical outlet. Clearly. Very clearly.

francois

• blondie
    blondie

Francois, I'm so glad you can be here to remember it!

I can remember running away from home at 2. My parents were fighting and I just walked away. A nice family found me and gave me cookies and milk. Too bad they didn't get to keep me.

Blondie

• shera
    shera

I can remember back when I was around 0ne.It was my 1st bday and I climed on my cuboard and stepped in my birthday cake.(I was always climbing)

• JH
    JH
    One of the things I clearly remember was sticking a bobby pin into an electrical outlet.

That's how people get curly hair.

• meadow77
    meadow77

Usually I can hardly remember last week.As for how far back in my childhood, I can only remember maybe back to 4 years old. Even then the memories are real broken up.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I can remember choosing my parents.

Really.

Englishman.

• shera
    shera

Had to add when I was around 2 or 3.All my friends were dressed all pretty and I wanted to be too.So I went home and took my sister's see threw dress that you needed a slip with and put it on with no underewear.I took off up the street climbing over fences with my mother chasing me.No wonder my mother was so thin back then,I have so many memories with it envoling her running after me.

• shera
    shera

Well ,that's interesting Englishman.

Tell more about that,if you don't mind?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit