How far back can you go?

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

We all remember certain things and events when we were young, but do you remember certain events in your life when you were only 3 or 4 years old? How far back can your memory go?

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I can remember being in my crib at late 2 early 3 years old and chewing on the rail. I had teeth marks all around the crib. I also remember that I had one of those toys that parents put inside the crib that has a little mirror, a pump that you push and a little pellet hits a bell, and a thing that rattled. I remember all of that. I also remember that I slept with my teddy bear (I miss him) Tito, papa smurf, and one other smurf.

Edited by - pr_capone on 25 January 2003 19:46:45

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I remember some things before my baby sister was born, must have been 2 1/2, just real brief things. But I vividly remember the day she was born, my mom dressing me in the dark to go to my aunts while she was going to the hospital. I remember by the time we got to my aunts house it was starting to get a little light outside. I had just turned 3.

• belbab
    belbab

How far back do you want us to go?

Can someone remember back to the womb? Some decades ago, Janov, wrote the book called the Primal Scream. People can remember back to the womb.

I have had spontaneous. unsolicited rememberances of of being in the womb.

Can a person have remembrances from before being in his mother's womb?

Look up Ian Stevenson, University of Virginia, he has documented many cases.

Don't go there if you can't if your mind cannot explore all possibilities.

belbab

• Mary
    Mary

I can remember really far back......don't ask me why; but I can remember my mom getting me ready for bed. She changed my diapers and put my jammies on and said "you don't want your bottle tonight do you?" I knew she was trying to wean me off it so I said "no". Five minutes later I stood up in my crib and called for her. When she came in the room I wailed "I want my bottle!"

I asked my mother recently how old I would have been at that time and she said I was between 1 1/2 and 2.

Another vivid memory at about 1 1/2 years old, was when we went to an assembly and we all stayed in the same room. My sisters slept in one bed to my left, and my parents slept in the bed to the right. Mom pushed two chairs together for me and that's where I slept. I can recall it quite well.

Bizzare that I can remember that far back, but I can't remember what I did 10 minutes ago!

• Buster
    Buster

Pretty sure many won't believe. But I can only guess that the arrival of my new baby sister was quite traumatic for me. Because I have a blurry, black and white memory of my grandmother driving my mother home from the hospital with my new sister - I was 18 month old.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I can remember every aspect of having my nappy changed. Distictly becuase the memory is associated with pain. As my nappy (US Diper) was changed, my neck used to hang off my mothers lap, and I would scream out as this was extremely painful. I was simply trying to tell my mother this HURTS!!! I can still feel the pain now thinking about it.

It is not only my earliest but is still an extremely painful memory from 2 years old.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I can remember when I was around 4 my mother wanted me to bring two cigarettes to a neighbor because she had borrowed two. they had two black labs, one was named King and the other Thunder. I told her that the one was going to bite me. He's going to bite me, He's going to bite me. No, No said my mom.

I went down, the dog was sleeping and I thought I could walk quietly past him. NOT

He bite me right in the butt, had the other dog, who was nice, not of started fighting with him I would of been worse.

ended up in the hospital for a few days.Have a nice set of scars. I call it my identity mark.

also remember being little in the hospital ( tonciles, adnoids removed and then the dog bite) and back then they put eather (sp?) on a cloth and then they covered your face with it, I hated that!

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

My family have always told me I have a memory like an Elephant,I can remember things that happened when I was 1 year old.

Cheers,

Rich.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have a vivid memory of being in a crib, covered by mosquito netting, and feeling trapped. Mom says I was about 2, because not long after that, they got bunk beds for my brother and me. We lived in San Diego CA, until I was 3 when they moved to Seattle, so I was pretty young. I have a bit of claustrophobia, and that memory comes to me from time to time, when I am feeling that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit