Anyone Remember this little Gem?

by Gizmo 29 Replies latest jw friends

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Still got mine sitting on a shelf somewhere, woohoo. The big thing when I attended was to get an old Bible or two, and cut out all the scriptures that were cited in the book, then paste them in the margin. I was not that ambitious, but a few in my class were.

I sometimes wonder where my classmates from 20 years ago are now...

• Flip
    Flip

Hi Gizmo!

Firstly, I just want to say that you are one of many of my favorite posters to read, and I really appreciate your taking the time to scan the enthusiastically marked pages, it was important to me that you did so.

As far as my shot about the fat, tri-color pen, I was being facetious (perhaps one or two may have caught my attempt at humor) as I am almost always when exploring my FDS Corporate legacy. An association since birth, that wouldve been silly if it werent so tragic in some cases.

Please forgive me for forgetting to insert a smiley face indicating I meant no harm.

However, with respect to your zeal of study regardless of source, I am now intrigued as to your method of using multi-colored pens when underlining!

Take care, Giz.

PS:

They're not STUPID Flip, just as Ray Franz isn't stupid. They are just wrong. - Gizmo
    Agreed, and well said Giz ... but not only are they just wrong, could they be distinctly disingenuous in their presentation as well.

Edited by - Flip on 26 January 2003 17:34:30

• foreword
    foreword

I used to despise the pionneers because of their gloating over those special doggy bones. I mean, who the hell were they, or better, who the hell was this organisation to deny me spiritual food because I was not the phony, goody two shoes, pretentious little assh*le of a pioneer.

I had a job, a familly to support, and all these lazy bums, who sat in cars all day (or at McDonald's)pretending to be busy in the work of the lord, got the special treatment and better food. And plus they dared look down upon you, pretending they were "Oh so much more spiritual", almost telling you in your face that they had a much better seat in the bus to salvation.

Man do I hate that Pharisee class.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Pioneer School, right? I never had one, but one of my friends did. She said it was special and just for pioneers, I wasn't even allowed to flip through the pages. The ARROGANCE.

Yuk.

Yeap.

I was at a pioneer's house when I picked up a copy and started to look through it. Hey, it was on the

coffee table with all the other spiritual food *shrug*. The pioneer gave me a verbal slap on the hand for

trying to read the TOP SECRET contents. LoL... I guess we all need something to make us feel special.

• Flip
    Flip

Hi forward, and welcome!

Just think on the bright side.

While trapped or ill informed individuals were spending most of their personal time and all after tax dollars for personal expenses to flog almost incomprehensable, short shelf-life publications for a New York based printing corporation that plays the religious card to access a government sanctioned tax-break, at least you didn't have to worry about competing with them in the serious job market while you were making a living.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I think Little Toe looks like Ronald Colman( in MY day) Good looker EH? He was a heart throb of mine....

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I have one of those. What a priviledged person I was to attend the "Pioneer School". I wish I would have known then what I know now.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

funny, even when I was in the PSS I was not impressed with that book. I remember everyone was underlining and writing in the margins and studying for hours and I still have my copy with nothing but signatures on the back inside cover. I felt superior that I did not have to underline anything in that book--I felt so far advanced from even my fellow slaves---but it never occurred to me to blame the borg for not giving me anything substantial to want to underline and study. I was such an a$$hole. I was like the PSS pet. Everyone loved me and I was the center of attention. I was the poor faithful sister who was using a walker and who's annointed father just went apostate but still got in my hours!

I make myself sick now.

Ravyn

• Lieu
    Lieu

~Hand raised~

It used to be the book given only to Missionaries, now its the one given to Pioneers.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Hi Flip,

Well thank you for clearing that up, very appreciated.

I guess I'm a little sensitive still, as I used to get dogged a little about the the tri-colour thing and people thinking, I was just being a smart arse, using it to show off. I wasn't.

I was genuinely interested in learning all I could, and therefore become a better teacher. (cough cough). I just used colours to associate sentences, with scriptures, and different subjects etc. no biggy really, would have used coloured highlighters instead but weren't as popular back then...hehehe

Re your comment Flip:

but not only are they just wrong, could they be distinctly disingenuous in their presentation as well.

I meant basically the same thing, by saying ..."espouse the (b)orgs doctrines as to best benefit (suck in) the householder." you just worded it a lot better.

I have to say I think the society's Insencere, secret motives are the first things one starts to notice when cracks in the armour first appear.

Thanks Flip have a nice day

MOUTHY:

Ronald Coleman,

You think? I can't see it, still think Boris...hehehe, However loved Ronald Coleman in Lost Horizon and Tale of Two cities.

"It is a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known!"

Wow that Chuck Dickens knew how to write!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit