by Gizmo 29 Replies latest jw friends

• qwerty
    qwerty

Still have my copy!

Qwerty

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

~puts hand up~

I had one of those, too, at pioneer school. I still have it on the shelf.
    My kid brother got the updated one in '89. Similar content, just a different shade of blue.

• Francois
    Francois

Gizmo, you surely have a familiar manner of expressing yourself.

francois

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Do I Francois?

Hmmmmm very interesting.

oops no (e) in Francois

They still print them then LittleToe, hey by the way anyone ever tell you that you look like Boris Becker?

Edited by - Gizmo on 25 January 2003 7:11:10

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Pioneer School, right? I never had one, but one of my friends did. She said it was special and just for pioneers, I wasn't even allowed to flip through the pages. The ARROGANCE.

Yuk.

• Farkel
    Farkel

We never got any special books when I was a pioneer. Shit. I feel like such a loser.

Farkel

• Flip
    Flip

Hey Giz, as a Jehovahs Witness, I've tried to appear somewhat zealous with the books I bought from the FDS Corporation, but I never experienced actually underlining pertinent paragraphs in Technicolor.

I have to confess I was jealous of other Jehovah's Witnesses who possessed those big fat tri-color pens that made them look more spiritual than me.

Also, reading the contents of the tripe you scanned, if you disregard the obligatory religious patter, the instruction is almost indistinguishable from other low skill level, motivational sales books one is required to purchase if one is serious of achieving fulfillment power selling their unique products.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I remember seeing my mother's copy. Personally, I was lucky enough to end my association never having ventured into the pioneer ranks.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Flip,

I'm not sure if you're having a go at me here personally for having been a pioneer, or the (b)org, however that was only the foreward so to speak I scanned, for those interested, and maybe reminisce, a little.

Incidently, I never used a fat tri-coloured pen, I had 3 pens of different colours, and I had as I recall a difererent colour for a different reason. Kinda like my own code. Incidently, i used a similar tack in College later in life.

The book wasn't available for you to buy, it was only given to pioneers upon the completion of the course which consisted of 20 x 3 hour sessions. Motivational yes, Low skill, I don't think so.

You had a problem with jealousy based on the ownership of PENS? Or for those showing zeal? I'm not ashamed of having shown zeal for something I had believed to be the "Truth" Are you ashamed?

As for the contents, it went into quite a lot of detail actually, on how to espouse the (b)orgs doctrines as to best benefit (suck in) the householder.

They're not STUPID Flip, just as Ray Franz isn't stupid. They are just wrong. And I'm glad you too worked that out.

Have a nice day Flip.

Edited by - Gizmo on 26 January 2003 3:32:42

• Mackin
    Mackin

Oooo *waves hand* I had one of them, I had one of them.

I tossed it in the rubbish along with all my other dub books about a year and a half ago.

Mackin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit