Are you angry for having been a JW?

by Half banana 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Unfair treatment provokes my anger I'm not really consumed by it and I'm not ready to let it go maybe later but not at this moment. I will let it go when I get good and ready which will probably be never or when they go bankrupt. Rushing things and saying that all is forgiven to me would just be another form of denial of my own shadow. I'm comfortable with my anger.

But I am not angry with myself for having been a JW and any anger I might occasionally feel toward myself I quickly redirect it towards the Governing Body.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    I am not angry at the years I was a JW, but I am furious that I could not quietly walk away when I realized it was all a lie. They harassed and hounded and hunted me down like a wild animal for two years. And when I refused to meet, answer phone calls or sign their endless certified letters they finally DFed me.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I did a lot of good as one of JW's. I was popular because I wasn't a company man. In the end it contributed to my exit, couldn't tolerate the BS anymore. Started living for me at last. Feels pretty good.
  • Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam
    I am still angry. My mother did not let me take my SAT's because this system was ending soon. So she made me work a full time after high school and go part time to community college for a 2 year degree. I knew I had a great mind, and became very frustrated with having to promote myself as a JW faithful drone. I soon thereafter got married and graduated with a full 4 year degree. I wish I was allowed to apply for scholarships. I know I would've done great sooner in my life. Now I see all the unsatisfied witnesses, pretending and feeding their wealthy appearance. How the hell do many of these witnesses drive brand new cars, and trade in every time a new model comes out? Even though I have good employment, I am happy with my crappy car plus my AC just went out. I leave the nice vehicle to my wife, she deserves it.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I have been out fifteen years. I was angry when I found out how much of what I believed was lies, but I am over it. I don't want anger to define my life, so I make a conscious decision to focus on the good in my life and not dwell in the past. I let the Watchtower limit me for 30 years, I refuse to let it limit me now.
  • kaik
    kaik
    It is hard to define anger versus being upset or fooled b WT. I am angry that WT destroyed my family, and this cannot be fixed as my biological father had died without having me around. I am angry that even with all the good intention my mom created for me, we really did not had happy childhood (no Xmas, gifts for BD, no sports events, hobbies). Otherwise, I consider it as long gone past, and I am not angry on spending time in KH, study Bible, or reading WT publications.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

For everyone who advises; "let go of your anger", please consider it's value too.

Kailash Satyarthi: How to make peace? Get angry #TED : http://on.ted.com/g19Fy

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

No I am not angry, but I became miserable, when I sensed it wasn't the " truth".

I new straight away when a realised it wasn't the truth that I would leave. I also became aware of an overwhelming feeling of gratitude- Yes - gratitude that I had failed so miserably in bringing anyone into the " truth"

Now I am no longer missable and I appreciate that I was born in a free land.

Maybe I have also learnt that too much thinking is shit. You don't need to think to paint, not even to write, you just need to let the HEART speak. So other people can keep their philosophies if that's what they call thinking.

So to conclude to much " bible" and to much " watchtower" well it just goes on and on, page after page, year after year. So and so begot,so and so was the brother of so and so, and the father of someone else, and that explains " The New Generation Change" yea right.

The Rebel.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    anger, it`s not a bad emotion. left to go on though it can be a root cause for depression which unchecked can be dangerous. When bad things happen to you & no-one stands in your corner instead they join in & rejoice it is devastating. Yes I feel angry, strangely enough not as angry as I was when I was in. I found these people just didn't care about anything except themselves. I would find myself constantly defending the weaker ones even against the fuck wick elders. I watched while they took advantage of weaker ones for their own gain. I should no-longer be surprised by it but I am, at least now it`s not in my face. If your angry then be angry, kick scream cry, then breath. These things show you your alive.
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I have never been a JW, but I am angry at the WTS. Angry at the arrogance and ignorance. Lying for the truth and such. Wolf in sheeps clothing at the door. Talking about the bible, but twisting it to fit their own membership drive. Effing disgrace!

I'm angry that they converted my brother and his family and took them away from their extended family with lies and scripture twisting. Lies that have people who were JWs now looking at the bible with skepticism as well as the WTS.

His life has steadily gone down hill since kingdom hall membership. He lost his business, then a good job. He had property that he lost and is a shell of his former self. His wife and kids too.

They all need help yet are above the rest of us because they have 'The Truth'.

It is very sad and discouraging. Oh, how I wish they would fade or just leave.

Not angry at JWs, just their org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit