Are you angry for having been a JW?

by Half banana 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mrs. Eden
    Mrs. Eden

I'm just starting my fade, and I'm beginning to feel enraged and outraged with this religion. They have conditioned me during my upbringing, namely in what regards to how I valued education. I left school at 15 to become a regular pioneer because Armageddon was nigh, and I did so for the next 10 years. Nowadays I see how much I needed further education, because I'm limited in my skills. I also feel angry and disgusted with the "seven magnificent ones" of the GB for their hypocrisy, for lying to me, for brainwashing people like me.

However, I think it's wrong to direct my anger against the single JWs, because they are as victims of this cult as I have been. The best way to get back at them is to learn 'the truth about The Truth', know their game, and lead a happy life away from them. That's what I intend to do.

Mrs. Eden

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't know his anyone can have any involvement with the cult and not be a little angry upon waking up. I'm mostly angry about having been systematically lied to for my entire life.

The difficult thing is that there's little outlet for the anger... Protesting only reinforces the persecution complex. I'll probably never run into anyone who's knowingly exploited the cult for personal gain so being angry at some GB member that may just be a victim of the indoctrination too doesn't have much use. Being angry at yourself is pointless... My parents were just doing their best, no matter how misguided they were... What do you do with the anger? There's no useful outlet for it, you just gotta wait and hope you can let it go, I guess.

• Watchtower-Free
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

You have no idea how angry i am that i made the biggest mistake of my life!!!! i have taken so much from my children and have lost my wife to a new a brainwashed wife.

it sucks so much....i wish i could turn back time. it is only a matter of time before my marriage is ruined by this cult.

• Warren Wilson
    Warren Wilson
    I was eight years old when my foster-mother,who was a lapsed and bitter Catholic(and therefore a sitting duck)became a witness. I was stuck in it for twenty years out of misguided loyalty to my foster parents. It had a disastrous effect on my emotional development,my career path,my libido and my ability to form friendships and relationships. I have been out for twenty years and I am as angry now as the day I left.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I'm as mad as hell.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am somewhat angry although not as much as in my early years as a "fader".

I also have made peace with the idea that sometimes a bad memory will come up. I don't feel I have to prove how "over" it I am like some ex-JWs feel they need to!

I believe the reason many ex-Witnesses are angry is because there is no justice or "closure" for what they went through: wasted time and opportunities, being lied to and deceived, and even being personally mistreated. They are angry at an ever-changing entity or ideology. It's like an amoeba that keeps changing shape.

In my case, there are several people I would like to have told off but they have either passed away or moved away.

I have to content myself with the fact that I am out of there (and thankfully have no family there) and will never fall for garbage like this again.

I am religion-free and doctrine-free thanks to my experience!!!

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

No,I am not. all is good now.... but out . Love being out

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985
    Yes I'm angry. When I think about how different my life could be right now if certain paths were not taken because of the religion. How much of my fight with anxiety/depression is a direct result of the religion. Yes i'm angry but going protest is not something i would do. I've been working on "letting it go" but sometimes its just hard to.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Anger only hurts the angry person. You have to let go and move on with your life. Enjoy the time you have on this earth. I do not blame my parents as they did the best they could even though they were mislead. I put all the blame the organization. The only thing is to protest in front of a convention you are not hurting the organization but those mislead ones that believe what they have is the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit