Are You In Support Of Starting A War In Iraq ?

by minimus 111 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

The idea of a major war terrifies me. I say NO to war with Iraq.

Call me naive, but why can't the U.S. just let each country govern themselves, and arm themselves to protect their interests? Just because they are armed, if they are (likely), doesn't mean they have plans to use them. You better believe this country has nuclear weapons. Why do they want to be the only ones?

As I said, I may be naive. Anyway, "no" to war.

• dubla
    dubla

pleasure-

if youre not in favor of any military action, then you cannot be in favor of assasination, and you previously claimed assasination would be the route to go, not war.

as for 9/11......the fact that youve bought into the conspiracy theories explains alot. at least now i know what im dealing with in this discussion....someone who believes that some of the hijackers survived the crashes. well, since you are asking for proof that terrorists hijacked those planes, would you mind providing some proof that "some of them turned up alive and well"?

aa

Edited by - dubla on 24 January 2003 13:17:37

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Pleasure,

I worry about you. The planes where HIJACKED. You think they said "Lets Roll" to fight some remote controlled plane??? So the pilots were fake?? Come on people. You cannot lecture us on 'Bullshit Propaganda" when you believe this crap.

Am I for Starting War in General? No.

Starting a War in Iraq? Yes.

Starting a War in Korea? Painfully Yes. But I hope it doesnt come to that.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""I don't see how we can tie our nation's well-being and its future security to the United Nations or the French or anyone else. The United Nations resolution didn't authorize us to go to Baghdad in 1991, so we didn't. Maybe the Bush 41ers thought this time would be different, but in 1991 we were told the coalition would fall apart if we kicked out Saddam. All his neighbors and the pundit class said he'd fall anyway. These nations didn't want Saddam gone then, but since then things have only grown worse.

Folks, the approach of the talking class has always failed. Look at what Reagan had to do to get rid of the Soviet Union: he had to get rid of Dtente and confront them. The world panicked, as did many of Reagan's own speechwriters when they read he was to say, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall." Yet in the end, it worked - and we have a fraction of the nuclear weapons we had before that supposed cowboy took office. The same whiners tried to stop Reagan, using the UN, because they know they can't stop us on the battlefield - and they'd never try, anyway."" RL

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Mulan,

Yes sweetheart, you are indeed naive.

but why can't the U.S. just let each country govern themselves, and arm themselves to protect their interests? Just because they are armed, if they are (likely), doesn't mean they have plans to use them.
    If each country stayed within it's own borders and didn't fund terrorism, I'd agree. That's a dream though. Saddam has shown he does use WMD. He's a danger. He's made the MiddleEast Unstable.
  • Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Mulan,

If that was a true possibility then we, nor any other country, would need a military. But as history has shown us over the past 5000 years we tend to invade each other and take stuff. Sorry, human nature (and I guess Helen of Troy was a foxy lady!!).

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

yeru

Worse yet, the tape of Bin Laden praising the attacks and talking about their planning, those were all faked.

you said it! LMAO

seriously though, i'm not one for arguing over opinion. if you believe different to me then i respect that, and same goes to you crazy. i just view things differently.

dubla

i'm not in favour of assassination. i'm just telling you that is the method that works.

• dubla
    dubla

pleasure-

well, i asked you in your opinion what wouldve been a better way to deal with al qaeda, and you answered "assasination", so i just assumed that you favored it. obviously you believe we shouldnt be dealing with al qaeda at all then?

and why no answer when i asked for proof of the hijackers that are alive and well? i can provide proof that terrorists hijacked those planes, but my proof would only be the same proof the rest of the world has, and you have already stated you believe that to be false, so im not sure i could bring anything new to the table. i would be very interested in the proof you have though....or are you just being fed this crap from a conspiracy theory website? is there any backing to it, or are you just spouting off?

aa

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

dubla

just for you my friend, a sample of some of the hijackers who killed themselves flying into the WTC...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/1559151.stm

please dont ask for more evidence to back up what i say. i'm just here to voice an opinion, not argue over it. i respect whatever you believe.

• dubla
    dubla

pleasure-

if youre not here to argue it, then why did you ask me for evidence to back up what i say? that makes no sense whatsoever.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit