Are You In Support Of Starting A War In Iraq ?

by minimus 111 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

sorry dubla, i should have pointed out that it was a rhetorical question. i'm not here to change peoples opinions, just here to voice mine. i just hope that maybe you'll realise that the situation isnt as black and white as it looks. mind you, nothing ever is.

• dubla
    dubla

yeah, didnt realize it was a rhetorical question....fair enough. im not here to change peoples opinions either.

as far as the hijackers identities being in doubt, thats completely different.....i thought you were trying to say they survived the crash.

aa

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

lol@dubla

yeah that would have took some doing!

• dubla
    dubla

pleasure-

btw, that article is a bit outdated, dont you think? im sure youre aware that mistaken identity is very common, in fact, there was at least one guy suspected of being in the country over xmas (part of the nationwide search), that was indeed working in his shop back in his home country.

aa

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

yeru

Show me the Kharzi connection to any "oil company"

sorry its taken a while to get back to you but here it is...

http://www.lemonde.fr/article/0,5987,3210-7019-254716,00.html

this is from the french newspaper LeMonde. you'll have to get the page translated, but you can read my translation of the fourth paragraph as follows...

" Hamid Karzai, who is as comfortable discussing sitting on a carpet as in a Washinton or London "salon", has a profound knowledge of the western world. After Kaboul and India, where he has studied law, he completed his learnings in the USA, where he acted, for a while, as a consultant for the American oil company Unocal, at the time it was considering building a pipeline in Afghanistan."

i think you'll find the rest of the the article once translated to be interesting aswell.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

dubla

outdated? how relevent is the date of the article? maybe the FBI's evidence is outdated now too? maybe The Guardian newspaper's article on the WTS involvement with the UN is now outdated?

yes, mistaken identity can happen a lot. just think, on 9/11 the FBI claimed they didnt know who the hijackers were, then 24 - 36 hours later they produced the names and faces. so in all the confusion and chaos when someone knocked dover the hat they were pulling the names out of, they got things wrong. sorry to be satirical, but thats what the 9/11 story is worth.

edited to correct spelling error(should check more often!)

Edited by - pleasuredome on 24 January 2003 16:10:50

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

If a war is gonna go down, not a damn thing you or I or anybody else can do to stop it. I know, it has already been said... just thought I would point it out again.

I prefer we just hire some good snipers and wax his butt. That would end it all. *shrug* If all this boils down to war, so be it. I would prefer a more peaceful approach, but what other choices are there?

On another note, if I wasn't a single mom with a child, and I was on my own foot loose and fancy free, I would join the US Military and make a career out of it in a HEART BEAT. That sums it up for me.

Edited by - MrMoe on 24 January 2003 16:22:15

• Xander
    Xander

and I was on my own foot loose and fancy free, I would join the US Military and make a career out of it in a HEART BEAT

Growing up, I'd always hoped there was a way around the JW restrictions against that. I really wanted to make a carrier of the navy. Circumstances obviously prevented it from happening, but looking back now...

Well, I certainly would not now. I think the difference is, growing up, I only met the idealistic youth of America, and that gave me hope. Teens are full of noble goals and spirit.

I've met too many adult Americans now, and I no longer think the country is worth defending - not because of its ideology, which, at least as laid out, was noble, and worth defending. But now....the population of this country is far too arrogant, far too lazy, and far too narrow minded and uneducated about the world around them (and I'm not talking geographically, which is also abysmal, I mean politically. Most Americans simply act as if the rest of the world does not exist or even matter).

It's not the COUNTRY I have a problem with, just its leaders and, like, 90% of the people IN it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, I'm at my posting limit AGAIN, so *cough* while I add this humorous and more on topic than the rest of my post comic:

Edited by - Xander on 24 January 2003 17:30:6

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Those who think assasination is the answer fail to notice that Saddam's sons make him look like a nice guy. One will likely succeed him, and kill the other.

Saddam is indeed evil, but Bush and his cronies have provided absolutely no evidence connecting him to 9/11 or corroborating his claims that Iraq possesses weapons of mass destruction. There are a lot of bad leaders in the world, should we sacrifice our brave soldiers to help every country run by a thug?

Bush is playing with fire here; invading Iraq could have devastating effects on what is already a terrible economy. It could also lead to another catastrophe on our soil that might even exceed the damage of 9/11. 9/11 proved we aren't invincible; the damage was done without a shot being fired. Hopefully, all of us will survive Bush's presidency.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

There's plenty of evidence of Iraq's WMD. When the inspectors left in 98 they knew about tons of chemical and biological weapons, they're supposed to be there now to determine how Iraq disposed of that stuff, of course Iraq is denying the existence of these weapons but they're not showing anything about what they did with it.

There's only one way to deal with Sadam and that's with force, nothing else will work. He is not a reasonable man, he makes bad decisions, and he has no where to go.

The UN is useless as usual and the Germans and French are acting completely out of their own self-interest. Iraq owes France in particular billions of dollars, guess what they're worried about.

Edited by - Pork Chop on 24 January 2003 17:37:33

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit