WE NEED MORE MONEY! (Letter sent to Mexico re: JW Broadcasting of May 2015).

by avaddohn94 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    How interesting that they noted "inview of the great effect that program had".... Its an accidental truth telling moment. They admitted that begging for money worked so they are doing it again
  • sir82
    sir82

Yeah that's just it - they have to know that too much groveling will push even the most loyal too far. It's a calculated risk.

If they are willing to risk it this soon, that indicates to me that their "great effect" is just puffery, and that they really are desperate.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This thread puts me in mind of the hefty Biblical responsibility that each Christian head-of-house has...

"Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith." 1Tim 5:8

So its' bad enough that 'Jose' lives and is raising his family in a poverty stricken and economy strapped area, earning barely enough to provide for his own....now he has the money hungry hooker, WTBTS, burdening him for more money!

The WTBTS with her high debt and overhead may very well be the reason why 'Jose' and many hard working Christians like him don't make it into the new system!

• fukitol
    fukitol
    While this increasingly desperate begging in poorer countries is sickening, it's also very heartening when considered along with Letts recent comments that expenditure is outstripping income as it means the organization is almost certainly contracting.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I'll take this letter as a good sign. Won't be long before they are in "fire sale" mode.

Possibly all the SADBs (still attending but don't believe) are at not giving financial support.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Last i seen ,these gb a$$h@les had alotta valuable things on their pinky fingers, and on their wrists.😡
  • avaddohn94
    avaddohn94

Now, it is worth noting that only 6 months ago, Robert Luccioni (GB Helper) and the rest of the cast that took part at Mexico's Zone Visit also took advantage of the opportunity to beg for money! (I didn't remember I had shared that situation with the forum as well).

You can read about it here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/170810001/pathetic-manipulation-zone-visit-mexico-branch-central-america

To cut the long story short, they used the following image to accompany an "experience" of an anonymous kid whose savings into a piggy bank were sent "in support of the worldwide work".

Like I said, the "piggy bank" story took place in March 2015, then in May they had the first broadcasting dubbed in Spanish with Stephen Lett groveling for "valuable things" and now this!!!???

I do not wish to bring politics into this but then again, maybe Trump is right when he says he'll build a wall and he'll make Mexico pay for it!

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Is this service meeting viewing only going to be done in Mexico, or will it be done worldwide. The letter is addressed "to all congregations" and I see no indications from the contents that it is limited to Mexico.
  • sir82
    sir82

No similar letter has appeared for the US branch....yet.

Which backs up my "calculated risk" idea. I suspect that the US responded more or less in line with what they wanted, but other branches (Mexico + others?) did not.

So (if my idea is true) they won't pressure the US JWs for a while yet, but will lay it on heavy again in the "non-performing" branches, such as Mexico.

• avaddohn94
    avaddohn94
    Island Man2 minutes agoIs this service meeting viewing only going to be done in Mexico, or will it be done worldwide. The letter is addressed "to all congregations" and I see no indications from the contents that it is limited to Mexico.

Like I said at first, I'm not aware if this is being done at a worldwide level. Now, the way in which they're asking elders to modify those two weeks of their original Service Meeting arrangements makes me think it could be limited to Mexico.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit