France & Germany Take the Same Stance

by MrMoe 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    yeru,
    if you can'T see the difference between hating US politics and hating the USA than i can't do anything about it. I consider the "blame America first" game that you play as hating america.
    i trust neither the word of hussein nor bush's word. they are both liars and they both only do what is best for them. no morals on both sides. show me where Bush has lied.
    bush has not presented any actual facts to the world community...repeating he has facts doesn't make it true. he says his government is informed about actual locations where weapons are hidden (lakes houses etc.) if this is true why doesn'T he give that info to the UN inspectors? i don't believe in any of his facts as long as he doesn't give neutral observers the opportunity to prove or disprove what he says. Even Hans Blix says Iraq has these weapons. Geez. Maybe he's not loose and free with the info because of compromising intelligence sources, maybe it's the penchant of the French to give info to the Iraqis so they can move their weapons, as was demonstrated in the past.
    Look, the UN Inspectors KNOW from the last time they were there that Iraq has chemical and biological weapons. Lots of them. Iraq has failed to report them in this latest round of "Declarations" or to account for how they destroyed them. This is a direct violation, a "material breach" of the UN resolution 1441, not that this matters to the "peace at all cost" crowd. Who the F is a neutral observer in all this? There aren't any.
    you still have to show that hussein is any worse than many of the dictators the US supports/ed (including hussein himself!). the US goverment is using double standards like no one else. one day he is worth to be supported...than when he doesn't comply with US interests anymore he is turned into the reincarnation of the devil himself and has to be removed. Ummm, lets see, Kuwait makes him worse.
    about the resolutions against israel...it was the US and only the US in many cases that prevented sanctions against israel. israel is save since the US has the right to veto any UN resolution. This is because the US sees the one sidedness of these supposed sanctions. Where were the sanctions against Egypt and Syria for attacking Israel? Oh, that's right, THERE WEREn't any even Proposed.
    Those terretories wouldn't be "occupied" had the Palestinians not used them to attack Israel from. Israel who was gauranteed existence by the UN you so favor.
    it was a bullshit idea to found israel on already inhabited land. the whole conflict is as old as the zionist movement. no one can blame the arabs for trying to defend their land. Um, it was Egypt, Jordan, Lebenon, Syria and Iraq that attacked Israel in 1948. Israel was "their land" NO, it wasn't.
    i can guarantee you that the iraqis won't apprechiate the liberation! i told you already what i think the outcome of this war will be...the US will give a flying shit about the iraqis once they have the oil. we will see whose prediction is right. Until you've been to the region and talked to the people, you have no idea. by the way, the Kingdom of Jordan is siding with the US in this.
    The guy is evil, when we take him out, we'll find a lot of his weapons of mass destruction, and that still won't be enough for the America haters.
    that remains to be seen. I guess we'll have to wait until March to find out.
    and by the way....i don'T find it more troublesome that hussein has WMD than lets say israel or the US....simply because he is no position to use them anyway. He's in no position to use them? Ummm, we must be forgetting Iran, or the Kurds, or the missiles he lobbed at Israel, or the little bitty terrorists running around. Besides which, I don't recall Israel using WMD EVER in it's history. The US did in Japan, but that saved lives.
    Perry,
    what exactly are your ARGUMENTS?
    and when did i side step? i aswered your post. i think hussein should be removes just like any unscrupulous goverment in the world. If he should be removed, who should do it if not the US?

Mike,

Nope, no CIB, combat patch, but no CIB, I'm not an 11b, which is part of the requirement.

• Perry
    Perry

Xander's Greatest Hits

Primary difference, of course, was that most Jews gassed by Hitler were GERMAN Jews.

Again, Saddam has not the means, nor the motive, to conquer the world. He isn't interested in doing that

But, why does Iraq have UN resolutions levelled against them? Oh, that's right, they invaded a neighboring country.

if Bush decides that the French vetoing a US war, say, is an example of terrorism, are you willing to support a war against France?

Saddam may be cruel (well, okay, IS cruel), but is none of those other things. He doesn't HATE the US and desire our destruction.

Where were the uses of the WMD -HE DID HAVE AT THE TIME- against the US mainland?

He's had the opportunity and motive in the past to attack us in that manner - IF THAT WAS TO HIS ADVANTAGE - but, he didn't. Why not? Because he fights war in a 'civilized' manner

Saddam IS NOT Bin Laden. Saddam is NOT LIKE Bin Laden

He broke 'the rules' (given, but please name ONE rule he has broken that has never, EVER been broken by the US or its allies?)

Out one side of your both you blast Saddam for causing trouble for the UN weapon inspectors, indeed, as that is the only legitimate cause for war

They have to seize control over their own country themselves to improve their situation.

Hence, my argument that there is no justifiable reason to attack Iraq.

Saddam is evil incarnate

If he is, the 'West' is no better.

Saddam is a bad person. Yes, we know that. Everyone knows that. That's not being debated, so every time you bring up "But look how AWFUL he is", well, we don't care. We already knew that.

• Saddam has violated UN resolutions. Indeed he has! No one is arguing that, either. Every time you list all the UN resolutions he has broken, well, again, we don't care. We already knew THAT, too.
  • YOU all have not provided any argument on WHY these three factors mean we MUST GO TO WAR NOW. You just present these 3 'facts' and go "Well, see, we must go to war". I look at the same thing and think "Okay....uhhh....why?"

I'm glad you asked that question. Let me spell it out for you Xander; I know you are a little slow. Simply read each letter and then before you forget the fist few try to put them all together in your mouth at the same time and create the sounds that match the letters. Got it? Ok, here goes. Repeat after me:

-S-

-A-

-D-

-D-

-A-

-M-

Not bad. Keep practicing.

(Perry hands Xander a NAZI toy to play with)

• dubla
    dubla

germanjw-

im not sure where you grabbed your lyrics, but heres a more accurate version of that verse (from liner notes) ill try to highlight the differences:

Let your hair down to the track, yeah kick on back (boo!)
    The Boogiemonster of rap, yeah the man's back
    with a plan to ambush this Bush administration
    Mush the Senate's face in, push this generation
    of kids to stand and fight for the right to say somethin
    you might not like, this white hot light
    that I'm under, no wonder I look so sunburnt
    Oh no I won't leave no stone unturned
    Oh no I won't leave, won't go nowhereDo-si-do, oh-yo-ho, hello there
    Oh yeah, don't think I won't go there
    Go to Beirut and do a show there
    Yeah you laugh till your motherf**kin ass gets drafted
    While you're at band camp thinkin the crap can't happen'Til you f**k around, get an anthrax napkin
    Inside a package wrapped in Saran Wrap wrappin
    Open the plastic and then you stand back gaspin
    F****n assassins, hijackin Amtraks, crashin
    All this terror, America demands action
    Next thing you know, you've got Uncle Sam's ass askin
    to join the Army or what you'll do for their Navy
    You just a baby, gettin recruited at eighteen
    You're on a plane now, eatin their food and their baked beans
    I'm twenty-eight, they gon
    take you 'fore they take me
    Crazy insane, or insane crazy?
    When I say Hussein, you say Shady
    My views ain't changed, still inhumane, wait
    Arraigned two days late, the date's today, hang me!

not too big of a difference, but the last two lines make a lot more sense the correct way, and amtraks are more likely to get hijacked than anthrax.

aa

Edited by - dubla on 28 January 2003 10:42:9

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Thanks for the clarification.

I only copied and pasted. At least I corrected Beyreuth to Beirut. ;-)

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit