JW Chrisians in name only-what do you think

by enoughisenough 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Carla, you don't understand what JWs believe about Jesus.

jhine, " they sold property and possessions to give to any who had need "

Yes, they did. Does that mean that we today have to do that?

Witnesses can do what they want as for charities.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

"witnesses can do what they want for charities" - first they would decide if it is in any way related to other religions. Not many JW are flush with cash, so what money they do have to donate, they feel obligated to donate to the org, not to mention the cost of keeping and running transportation for service. So I wonder how many actually donate to some of the other charities. I donated to a local place here that provided food, electric heaters/fans etc. I had a JW friend who encouraged me to go to that food pantry. She told me all the things she got for free. I wasn't happy! She had investments and owned rental property. I thought her generous as she fronted money so I could rent a place when I was broke. On another note, James 1:27 says pure religion looks after orphans and widows. What pray tell does the JW have in place to facilitate these acts? ( go to your close relatives for help even if they are df.)

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I've said it before, and will keep saying it. I quote my father who said shortly before he died, "Jehovah's Witnesses have love on their lips, but NONE in their hearts!"

More true words have been seldom spoken.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    The Org prioritizes unity over love.

I understand the point you were making, however I would change the word unity to conformity.

• JeffT
    JeffT

JWs don't understand Grace and they diminish the role of Jesus to the point it vanishes.

I don't attend church any more. Not that I think the churches are wrong, I just don't need it. One thing I see that many ex-JW's need to understand is that (contrary to what they've been taught) there is little disunity among the Christian churches. Most Christians see each other as fellow believers. The differences between churches mainly concern church governance, not doctrine.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I agree with JeffT. I been going to churches for 20 years. And, that is my conclusion as well.

If a person believes in the deity, death & resurrection of Jesus and that he died in their place as vicarious punishment for their sin... they are Christian.

If they try to add works, their church, and anyone or anything else to that contract, they are not Christian, period.

β€œFor he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

'by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified"

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The Org prioritizes unity uniformity over love

there FTFY

• jhine
    jhine

JeffT and Sea Breeze l totally agree , all my local churches are happy to work together.

Jan from Tam.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Rattigan350: "Witnesses can do what they want as for charities"

Yes I'm sure they say that, just the same way that they justify their stinginess over birthdays and Christmas by saying that they don't need special days to give people stuff, and then they don't give anybody anything πŸ˜”.

The fact is that in JW eyes most charities are aligned with Babylon the Grape, or the Beast, so wouldn't give to them so they don't share in their guilt. Could you honestly see a Dub giving to the Salvation Army's winter appeal? πŸ™„

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

To JeffT:

You say you have not seen any disunity of other Christian churches? I can't take that comment seriously! There is absolutely NO unity among " Christians". They don't even read or study the Bible. . Alot of their church services are just music ( like a Christian rock concert) followed by a few feel good scriptures. No substance. They do whatever they want, including serious sins, and think they are saved. They use the grace of God as an excuse to sin, they take no accountability to who they are or to the God they claim to serve.

I was not raised a JW, and I went to many churches before studying the Bible with the Witnesses. I can assure you that those other religions are empty with no substance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit