JW Chrisians in name only-what do you think

by enoughisenough 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

"Carla, you don't understand what JWs believe about Jesus." - I guess neither do you and neither do any current jw's until they check their televangelists, err, I mean website to see what they believe today, at this moment in time considering jw's can change doctrine and beliefs at the drop of hat.

TxNVSue2023,

Why you may not be taken seriously may be due the fact that if you truly 'studied' the Bible with jw's you would not be on this board as all jw's know they are not supposed to be hanging out with apostates as many here are. Furthermore, everyone here knows jw's do not and have never studied the Bible, they study jw literature/videos/tv written/produced my men.

There is much unity between different denominations where I live. Many churches come together to feed the poor, clothes for those in need, fellowship meals and prayer, helping and combining efforts during natural catastrophes, helping families in the community who have suffered some sort of horrible catastrophe and the list could go on. Even friendly baseball games and other entertainment. Where are the jw's in all of the above? cruising obituary columns and graveyards in attempt to indoctrinate the vulnerable.

Serious sin? like what? a beard? oh wait that was only a sin a few months ago it no longer is.

Rock music? oh my tut, tut. I know my God wouldn't have a problem with any type of music that the person/persons is using to worship God. I even know someone who likes rap Christian music! I didn't even know it was a thing, not my cup of tea but they like it .

So you can forgive us for not taking you very seriously as you are woefully ignorant of all things jw.

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

Carla.

You don't even know what JW's believe about Jesus - you're talking out your neck with your misinformation. They/We don't believe that Jesus could be anybody - who knows where you got your incorrect information. Then you frequent a forum about JW's which you clearly know little about. Why do you waste your time & energy on JW topics since you don't take the time to even get your facts straight? It's one thing to disagree with an actual teaching but it is wholly another matter entirely to disagree with teachings & views that are not even espoused by the group. You just come way out of left field with no basis for your nonsense & expect to be taken seriously?

Any Chrisendom "Christians " don't know what the Bible says or teaches because they don't bother to read it, study it, or align their life with its teachings. There is no unity there they go about living a heathistic life - drugs, love of money/greed, fornication & adultery, the pay no attention to God unless they are suffering ( which they are suffering the consequences of their immoral lifestyle).

What does Halloween have to do with Christianity? When I was a young child of about 8 years old my family went to a Halloween party ( all dressed up in our costumes) to go trick or treating at a church. After seeing the horror displays ( gore & such) displayed inside a church inside there haunted house, I was appaled. I asked my father why do we participate in such wickedness inside the house of God? Why would God be happy to see such gore ( bloody gore, death/killing)? He had no answer for me, he brushed me off. But even I as a young child with no religious training could clearly see that it was wrong. It really upset & bothered my conscience. The WT didn't have to tell me it was unholy.& wrong when I studied with them 20 years later - I already discerned this as a child.

What does Christmas & Easter have to do with Christianity? What does the Easter bunny & eggs which clearly represents fertility not Christ, have to do with the resurrection of Christ? Christmas hasn't been about Jesus for a long time - its about commercialization, greed and pagan symbols.

Again, it's not because the WT told me these things are not Christian - these are things I discerned on my own.

I went to many "Christan " churches & Bible studies. They people have no love amongst themselves and they are divided in their own personal beliefs. The BIble studies don't even teach anything- they just read and them have personal opinions as commentary. There is no insutcttion, just personal interpretations. There are only elementary topics covered - very superficial. There is no substance, no meat. They have their rock concerts on stage on Sunday, read a few random Bible verses on a superficial level -- that are forgotten as soon as they are read because it doesn't change the people's hearts. They still carry on in their sins & immoral lifestyle yet belive they are saved. How is that Christian to not even try to live a Christian lifestyle?

I've spent time going to Jewish, Catholic, Mormon, Protestant Christians, Evangelical, Baptist, Non- Denominational churches. I've gone to their churches and their Bible studies. There was no unity and there was little if any goodness in their deeds/actions/works.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

TxNVSue2023, you have roundly condemned "churches" and yet you feel safe to be reinstated into the JW! They are no different at a base level as to goodness in deeds, actions, works. They are part of false religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit