Getting over the "Imperfect Org" defe...

by confuzcious 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you have a response when you present stuff about Pedo, Un, Rutherford, etc, and a JW says, "Well they are imperfect people.

The last respons I got was, only Jesus was ever the perfect channel of God - which of course I agree.

But it's like if you ever bring up ANYTHING about anything, the stock response is, "We'll it's an imperfect organization...

Your response???

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

My response is that when I was a study I was told to investigate my Religion and look at their works. How they had a form of Godly devotion but proved false!

I also point out that this excuse would be the same for any Religion not just Jehovah Witness.

Lets be honest the WTBS is blood guilty and even accepts some pagan practices among their members.

I have also pointed out to people that The Bible says you will know them by their love and The JW Religion doesnt have one program for orphans, widows, or the poor in general!

You can go to Christendom when youre poor and needy and get help.

For JWs it is up to The Individual JWs to decide what you need or dont need.

I have a whole list now I go through if someone will listen.

I showed this one sister not long ago some of the BLINKING LIGHT. Told her for instance abut divorce. If it is ok NOW to divorce an abusive husband it was ok back THEN but back then a woman could get DISSED for doing what she felt was right!

You should have seen her face!

In away I felt bad for this particular sister how I handled it because this is not the only Truth of The Troof I laid on her.

I was told this sister went home and cried. She is still a sister, she has not left.

Something I wish to share that I learned is we can get pretty emphatic about what we have learned as Apostates.

At least I did.

So basically, I learned You shouldnt just blow a persons world right out of the water all at once!

They need to learn The REAL Truth just as slowly as They Learned The Troof or it wont be retained and The Shock can be too much.

This is a great thread you started confuzious.

Im looking forward to seeing others responses.

Agape, Utopian_Raindrops

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I learned You shouldnt just blow a persons world right out of the water all at once! They need to learn The REAL Truth just as slowly as They Learned The Troof or it wont be retained and The Shock can be too much.

I couldn't agree with you more. Some people have an especially hard time with the real truth, and if they have no support system, or people to talk with about it, it could be disastrous.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Cheers to you Mulan!

Para ti..

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline

Keep asking the questions...please!! I am learning so very much. I need answers to get out. I need answers to help my husband see what the organization really is!! He grew up in the Truth and is still a JW, but has not attended meetings in a few months...Elders are coming over in 2 nights to discuss our lack of recent attendance. Please give me any info you have to help me defend myself...and get them to leave quickly!!

Edited by - jacqueline on 21 January 2003 20:21:22

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Jacqueline,

There are heaps of issues you can challenge the elders with but best is to keep it simple, especially if your knowledge of the troof isn't deep.

Tell them that you do not consider the Governing Body, (GB) or those that call themselves the Faithful and Discreet Slave (FDS) to be the channel between you and Jesus, that you believe that JESUS alone is our direct path and mediator to God and God doesn't need another mediator Jesus proved Himself TRUE the GB have NOT.

Point to all the False prophecies and the dates leading up to 1914, and how they keep insisting Jerusalem was destroyed in 607BCE when all secular authorities have shown it was 586/587BCE.

Go here for more info on above -------------> 607_Disproved

Point to the paedophilia rampant in the society and ask them what THEY are personally doing about it, or are they taking direction from the GB only, which are just men and hide behind corporations.

Talk to them about the racism issues look at the 1934 Year Book Scans_of_1934_YB_pages

There is literally HEAPS of proof this is not an organisation that has the backing of Jehovah or Jesus, you have to dig a bit in the dirt Jacqueline, but in the end you come up with the Gold.

Gizmo

Edited by - gizmo on 21 January 2003 21:7:28

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBTS is an imperfect organization?.. DUH!! ,LOL!...OUTLAW

• larc
    larc

Well, OK, they are an imperfect religion. Well, how does that make them different from any other "imperfect" religion. Can they prove that they are less imperfect than other imperfect religions? How can they quantify the degree of imprefection they have as compared to others?

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Please give me any info you have to help me defend myself...and get them to leave quickly!!

Don't try to enlighten them on anything if your are trying to keep from being da'd or df'd.

Lie, and tell them you are going through a bad time, and could they PLEASE call on you again in six months.

• mind
    mind

Jacqueline:

Can you imagine the people telling Noah, when the door was sealed and the rain start to come down. (I need to get out of here. I need to get out of here.)" Oh, my bad... they were probably saying: " let me in, let me in".

Go figure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit