belly up to the bar, guys and gals

by unanswered 34 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Hey I'm just here for the booze!!! Count me in!!!

Venice

• trevor
    trevor

Well - Hic!

I don't mind the arguments - I find them great fun and welcome
    any attention including insults. A forum where we all behaved
    and never got a bit hot, would be so boring. Let it all hang out,
    that's the way we get passed the pretence and say what we really
    think. We don't want to be a bunch of closet trolls.

Well Unanswerd, you have been answered.
    Tell me I'm wrong, swear at me, call me a jerk, the other posters
    will love it and I won't mind. I'm happy just to be here.

(The Devils advocate)
    Trevor

• conflicted
    conflicted

A good 12 year old scotch will do me just fine.

I have found myself comming to the board less frequently of late precisely because of this point. I found this site to be refreshing and helpful, full of kind and caring people. Lately it seems the kind ones have taken a vacation and left the board in the hands of foul and argumentive ones.

I don't think we'll al ever agree with everything everyone else thinks, that's part of the spice of life, but to voice our opinions in a constructive fasion and to carry on a civil conversation is the mark of a mature adult. I hope we all can revert back to the harmony we had a month and a half ago - the board changed that swiftly.

Relax a little and enjoy life.

(no longer) conflicted

• unanswered
    unanswered

thanks trevor-i don't want the board to be boring or void of any argument either. i didn't start this topic to force my opinion, but to get the general opinion of the various posters. your opinion is as interesting to me as others.-nate

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Don't tempt me Trever Especially after a couple shots of conflicted's single malt! (fortunetly conflicted left the bottle on the counter when they went to the loo! ) Wow I'm feeling better already, none of that Johnny Walker stuff for us right!!! Whoohoooo

Venice

• unanswered
    unanswered

huh-oh!!! someone's cracked open the scotch, now it's all over. oban, anyone?

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Unanswered,

Count me as a patron! But, I am getting pretty good at just skipping over threads that are name-calling and hostile in nature.

• Tina
    Tina

Hi Unan,
    Coffee for me,thanks.....hopefully the 'hot' issues are over and done with and wont get 'revived'.........Tina relaxing w/ her cuppa-

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Venice,

You know that I'm ALWAYS up for a drink or two, no matter what the occasion!!

You know how us Witnesess like to drink!!

. o 0 (JUDGE Slipnslidemaster)

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Unanswered, I'd like to thank you for posting this, too. I've been thinking along the same lines.

I know emotions can run high in a place like this, and I know that new arrivals can sometimes make a... "less than favorable" first impression. But I don't quite see the point of verbally bludgeoning people first and asking questions later.

Oh, and as long as I'm here, I'll have a Shirley Temple.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit