My Book, 'Gifts in Men', by Patricia F.Sadio

by GiftsinMen 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GiftsinMen
    GiftsinMen
    Another member on here announced the publication of my new book "Gifts in Men, a heavier responsibility" a couple of months ago and some of you asked who I was as to my authenticity and motives. I have had an amazing reaction to my book even from jws who know me and my story but were still shocked at the details. I was not raised a JW, not disfellowshipped nor disassociated and loved being a regular pioneer, serving in UK and Ireland. I became the target of a couple of nasty elders determined to 'control' me and who systematically, with support from COs, London and US branch offices, conspired to destroy me through malicious slander resulting in me being 'secretly and covertly' shunned. I have now been further shunned by exposing their lies and deceit through copy letters and transcripts of conversations. I stuck strictly to the facts, names, dates, times and places which cannot be denied and they hang themselves through these facts alone. My motive was to give the full story as many only had bits and pieces and to highlight how easily jws can be manipulated into colluding with abuse and therefore become culpable themselves.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Thanks Patricia, I didn't know about your book I missed that thread. So I presume you have since been disfellowshipped? How is life for you now? I regular pioneered for ten years because I thought I was saving lives when in fact I was just ruining mine.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Giftsinmen how easily jws can be manipulated into colluding with abuse and therefore become culpable themselves.

This was more than demonstrated in the recent Australian Royal Commission into child sexual abuse. When total unquestioning loyalty is required to an organization( and hence those that represent it) and ones conscience is subverted to this ideal the result can be catastrophic . Religous Stalinism plain & simple.

• bellasmile
    bellasmile
    Patricia, I have no doubt that your experience is true and valid to your perception. I am curious to know if you have been D/F since then because from what I know of the term "shunned" is not used by JW only by Amish people. Would you please clarify if you have time. Ty
  • paranoia agent
    paranoia agent
    bellasmile15 minutes ago
    Patricia, I have no doubt that your experience is true and valid to your perception. I am curious to know if you have been D/F since then because from what I know of the term "shunned" is not used by JW only by Amish people. Would you please clarify if you have time. Ty

What?? Troll alert.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    from what I know of the term "shunned" is not used by JW only by Amish people.

What difference does this specific word make? Shunning means avoiding interaction with, does it not? ie when someone is DF'd.

Besides, it's a term that is even used in the Watchtower index..

shunning disfellowshipped or disassociated: w88 4/15 26, 28-29; g87 10/22 27

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200276026?q=shunning&p=par

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I wish someone would explain what all the cynicism is about this person's book. It seems that last time it was mentioned it got a similar reaction, people asking what are her motives. Is it because she is a woman, used to be a pioneer, or what?

Haven't punky, OTWO and Terry also mentioned their books on here to a favourable reception and rave reviews. I don't get it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can't answer for people, Xanthippe. But maybe the difference is that some of us mentioned our book after we were long-time posters. I have no problem with someone promoting their book, but maybe some don't care for someone coming on-board as a new poster just to promote. Those same people don't need to question me or Punk or Terry to know where we are coming from, because they already know from our posting record.

As for me, the more books out there, the better. And books need promoting. Welcome, GiftsinMen. Good luck with your book.

While I have not read GIFTS IN MEN: A HEAVIER RESPONSIBILITY by Patricia Sadio, apparently she is a psychotherapist as the back cover says.
    http://www.amazon.com/Gifts-Men-A-Heavier-Responsibility/dp/1508919623

I think many here can use a good dose of reading from therapists/counselors. I am currently reading EXITING THE JW CULT: A HEALING HANDBOOK FOR CURRENT AND FORMER JW's by Bonnie Zieman (http://www.amazon.com/EXiting-JW-Cult-Handbook-Witnesses/dp/1508477132/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440937707&sr=1-1&keywords=exiting+the+jw+cult+a+healing+handbook). She is another psychotherapist. I really like the help her book offers, and I especially hope that people affected by the Watchtower but who don't go to therapy read such books.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Patricia, firstly welcome. I hope you find comfort by being here.

I haven't read your book, but sad to say, I don't believe that many active J.W.'s would give it a second thought. You'll simply be viewed like the rest of us - an upset apostate who is now no part of God's organization!

I don't mean to disparage what I haven't read - your book - but I have read the Greek scriptures, and my understanding convinces me that you are (unwittingly) perpetuating one of the Org's corrupt interpretations, namely, that where Ephesians 4:8 in the RNWT says "When he ascended on high he carried away captives; he gave gifts in men", the original Greek does not say "in men."

In fact, every Bible translation here http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?=Eph&c=4&t=KJV#s=t_bibles_1101008 renders it as "gifts to men."

1 Corinthians 12:1-11, 28,30,31 describes those gifts (it doesn't describe men!) and 1 Corinthians 13:8 states that all those gifts would cease!

The Org has indoctrinated this false teaching into the minds & vocabulary of J.W.'s throughout the world, in order to elevate the standing of the little Napoleon's within K.H.'s.

The Org has similarly corrupted Isaiah 32:1,2 and applied it to their selected "spiritual leaders" in K.H.'s around the earth:

The parallel scripture in Psalms 45 points to the 1,000 year reign of Christ Jesus with his bride!

Psalm 45:16) "You [Jesus] will appoint them as princes in all the earth." However, the Org has already appointed them - right now!! No need to bother, Christ - we've done your job for you!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I think that anytime a person comes to a forum where people like you and I are vulnerable enough to tell our stories without charge, those who come merely for self-promotion and gain will be look upon unfavorably. I'm a member of many forums. On most those people are just banned for spamming. Thus those people often are received with cynicism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit