Did they lie about you when you left?

by Brummie 34 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel
    rebel

The whole thing is hilarious.

Someone 'thinks' they know why you stopped coming. They mention it to someone else. Before you know it, there is a whole web of stories and anecdotes - mainly lies.

They'll be saying I eat babies for breakfast next.

xxR

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

here are two more that do not care what they say or if anything was said,

when we left, letters were sent out to the elders as well as people we liked wanting them to know just why.

I'm sure they blamed it all on the internet.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I faded away, so I imagine most people never cared, and never said anything. That I am pretty certain of. My ex, on the other hand has lied like you could never believe. However the hall she goes to has never met me, so they don't have a clue. Still sucks to think that others are having these horrible impressions of me, when they don't really know the whole story.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Did they lie about me?

Oh, did they ever! Read this and see:http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=5205&site=3

Englishman.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Hell yes!!!! It really shocked me back then.....now I'm not suprised.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Well Well well! So many lies from so many "rightous" people, must be that they are so badly drawn to deception in their everyday lives that they fit snugly into any lie that justifies the borg.

This all backfires on them sometimes, the lies they spread about me made it very easy for me to convince a JW that THEY were bad assocaition rather than me (though I sure can be). I met a JW sister in a store, we hadnt spoken since the day I left, anyhow I decided to walk right up and say helloooooo. We got into conversation and she reeled off the reasons she was told I had been disfellowshiped (I wasnt even disfd), by the time we got outside the store she had decided to leave the KH, she did and never went back. Must be a record for the shortest time it took to get a JW out, she had been in it for 18 years. We are now good friends and you should hear the rumours they are spreading about her!

Sorry to y'all that have been on the recieving end of their lies...grrrr

Brummie

• shera
    shera

I know and elder thought I had a chemical disorder,while I was still in..very little did they know,the org was was my disorder.I can imagine what they said about me,after I sent in my letter.Oh well..big whoop!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

After I left I have no idea since I stopped dealing with those people. While I was struggling and trying to make meetings the gossip mill had me: mentally ill, gay, "liked" little boys, a liar, and my marriage was breaking up. 14 years later I'm still married (quite happily thank you), totally sane, very heterosexual, I love my son and the only lies I tell are when my wife asks me if she looks fat in whatever outfit she's trying on.

• LB
    LB

Well some were spreading lies when I attended. So of course they did.

One of the lies was told to my son when he attended assembly a couple of months after I caused a stir and left. He was told by the wife of a MS "I hear your parents took their entire watchtower library and put it on the door step of his old Kingdom Hall". My son told her "Then you were listening to a liar".

Silly people, I burned the library and shot up the CD's.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

One of my grown daughters and I were talking the other day. We were discussing a few XJW sites. Then we were talking about when I left the JW's..She said she thought I got disfellowshipped for roller skating with another man!!!!

I just looked at her in amazement!

I disassociated myself!..I had done nothing other than get fed up with them!..Plus I just gave up trying to believe their teachings!..I just couldn't believe what they said.

Quick story..I used to take the kids (3) roller skating about 1 or 2 times a week when I was preparing to leave the JW's..(I didn't know it then.)I used to be in charge (Lucky me)of picking up several other witnesses kids also! My 3 kids and I skipped a meeting and went skating one night. There were a lot of other witnesses there because it was a hangout for witnesses.Most were from a different congregation so they had a different meeting night. The kids loved it and I got some excercise. They would even clean the floors sometimes or rent the skates out so they could get in free. Money was tight. So I am an innocent JW .Didn't drink..curse..or smoke . Always attended and actively participated in the meetings. I met mine and the kids met their goals. But I was starting to withdraw. We were skating with a lot of the blacks in our congregation and many whites in our congregation had approached us and said it wasn't right. We could associate with them in the hall but we shouldn't out in public!!!! One night whn we rturnned from skating my MIL was waiting outside my door with a bible in her hand reading scriptures about how I was going against the bible!..??? Her son was a JW and he hardly ever went to the meetings..I don't remember her attacking him?..Anyway..I would NEVER skate with another man.(Most of them were JW's also. ).A good witness just didn't do that!.I wouldn't even dance with another man at weddings!. NO! NO! But the kids had a ball..

I figured it was keeping them out of trouble. And I enjoyed the excercise and (Worldly)music!

So I can't imagine where in the world she got that from!..I told her that isn't even a dsfellowshipping offense!

I am still in shock that my daughter has had this in her head for at least 20 years! I have no idea where she got that idea..Course we did live next to my JW MIL ..We moved shortly after she met me in the driveway.She decided to quit going to the hall for a while also!..Couldn't see fit to go when she was mad at me she said.Couldn't approach Jehovah's alter when she had anger in her heart!...So after that..one of my friends was disfellowshipped and I decided I had enough of the coo coo's nest! I wrote my letter and never went back!

Afer that they moved also.They moved to the country and both her and her hubby started going. They loved it there.

Now my MIL rejoices in telling my hubby how happy they will all be. Her..his deceased dad ... his sister and brother in law and him ... after the resurrection. (Excluding me and his kids!) And how happy they will all be in "Paradise"....(Excluding me and the kids) So I just grit my teeth and bear it.

Then I go kick a dog!.....(Just kidding)

Gabby Snoozy...This is so long..I bet no one reads it!... I wouldn't.....

Rumors..ya gotta love em!

Edited by - Golden Girl on 21 January 2003 22:8:38

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit