Did they lie about you when you left?

by Brummie 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

They said that my wife and I married because she was pregnant.........unless she had a five year gestation, I guess they were wrong.

They have us doing everything under the sun except worshipping the devil........I guess that's next.

ash

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Rumor was that I had been lying for months, covering up an affair with a married man. My mum defended me with vigor, she still being a witness, and knowing all the facts. Later on the romurs deepened, stating I did drugs, smoked, wore crosses and had a hardened heart towards the cong. Well, the latter rumors were true , but the first wave was grossly exaggerated.

Ah well.

• mouthy
    mouthy

They had a feild day with me

1.. I went off my head after my husband died ( I was off my head BEFORE he died)

2.Something fishy with me- they said-because I had young brothers (exjw) visiting & staying a long time after I was df-----(When a new one came I showed him the Video "Witness of Jehovah" fed him supper or lunch-so he was at my place about two hours or more) My answer to that is "EVIL DO EVIL THINK"

3. I was a disgruntled JW- a LIAR!!! that is why I had to be removed....YEAH RIGHT!! I used to be while I was with them....

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Ironic that the group of people who claim to be the sole source of Truth and the only true religion, a safe haven in this wicked world and a place where Christian love is abundant... so frequently resort to malicious slander and lies to conveniently categorize people who want nothing to do with their cult.

Jehovah's Witnesses say such things about people because they must justify to themselves that the path they choose to live is the only correct one. It would completely obliterate their belief system for someone to be a moral person and leave the Dubs willfully and be happy. That is not an option in the mindset of a cult. They HAVE to find a reason why any and all who would dare not want to associate with Dubs are immoral and corrupt. As if JDubs themselves in their self-righteousness are not being hypocritical and rude by spreading lies and slandering someone's reputation.

I really HATE Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The thing is, I believe that the rumors start when you're still in good standing. If a witness sees you have an argument with your mate, you may automatically be having marriage trouble.

You complain about how stressful your job can be sometimes, so you become stressed out.

You mention that you still get cravings for a cigarette once in a while (even though you quit 10 years ago), and you become marked as still suffering from withdrawl.

These little innocent things that you mention or the JWs notice about you surface when you get DFed, and the stories get exaggerated, and they spread. The own individual witness's thoughts about the DFed one will affect the story. "She had a bottle of wine in her fridge when I went to visit her once. I'm guessing she turned into an alcoholic". Then another person adds to the story, "Well, alcoholism and drugs go hand in hand".

The sad thing about being DFed, you're automatically marked as captured by Satan the devil. I remember the cold chill that used to go down my spine whenever someone's name was announced from the platform as being DFed.

Myself? I've probably turned to Satan Worshipping from listening to bands such as Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Blue Oyster Cult, Kiss, Guns N Roses, etc. However, I've never heard about any rumors circulating about me.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Ah the gossip mill alive and well in the ranks of the Dubs who frankly have NOTHING else to do with their lives and so have feet that go looking for trouble. I guess their only way of making themselves feel better about their lot in life is to make others appear to be WORSE than they are.

I was said to have post partem depression, B12 vitamin deficiency, bi-polar disorder and in serious need of aroma therapy for starters. Then my own sister in law got online and started writing letters to people that I (she didnt mention my name) was forming a cult called the Great Crowd and was luring people out of the organization and away from Jehovah with trickery and pretending I was something else online to catch them off guard etc etc. And she SIGNED IT and put her congregation NAME and LOCATION on it! I dont know what the hell she thought she was doing, but it ended up being tacked on to a "List of Opposers and Apostates" kept by some clown here on AOL who monitored chat rooms for people HE decided were against the JWs and he gave this list out to anybody who wanted it. It went to virtually hundreds of people. One of whom...forwarded it to me one day, and in scanning it...Im reading this letter at the end and discover...its from my SISTER IN LAW! And was about ME! I was sooooo pissed off. And it was virtually all lies. When I sent her a copy of it with my CORRECTIONS...she about died. But I also sent it with my corrections to all the JWs I knew and showed it to my husband to show him what SLANDER the "friends" were capable of, and that people like her were the reason I LEFT to begin with. She has since apologized but I BUSTED her big time.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

...and another thing. When I first came into the Troof in 1984, the congregation was all abuzz about a guy who was just (they said) disfellowshipped. They called him a member of the Evil SLave Class, an apostate, a hater of Jehovah, somebody who went off and started his own church seeking followers after himself...and they treated his JW wife like she was a widower and her children like orphans! I thought dang...this guy must REALLY be the epitome of evil for them to speak of him in such hushed tones with seething voices and frowns on their faces. Well..life is funny...18 years later I run into his name on Randys EXJW registry and for kicks contacted him! Turns out hes one of the nicest guys I ever met, and we laughed at the atrocities he supposedly did...it would be funny if it wasnt so pathetic tho. Im sure they had a field day with me after I left them...but nobody but their little ring of thieves gives a crap what they think anyway. :)

Loves

The Damngladtobefree Class

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Although we were both dating "worldy" guys, my best friend turned us both in to the elders. When we eventually got df'd she told everyone that she had really got df'd because she refused to rat me out . So in the end she looked like a loyal friend who was temporarily led astray. So technically I wasn't lied about, it just bothers me that she lied about her circumstances.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I don't know what people are saying about me now, but back when Big Tex was having his troubles, his sisters and parents spread all sorts of rumors about us. During that time I ran into someone I'd known for most of her young life and she tried to cut me dead but I wouldn't let her. (I was raised by Yankees and I know how to irritate a Southerner and break all their rules about tact and things that shouldn't be said. Practised on my in-laws.) Turned out she had heard that I wasn't going to meetings anymore and my marriage was breaking up (so instead of encouraging me she was going to treat me like I was DF'd - nice). I set her straight in the bluntest way possible and laughed in her face about the rumors.

JW's love to dish the dirt and believe the worst about people - it's the only way they can reconcile their own behavior. I just hope this time it's good and juicy.

Nina

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Rumor has it I have cancer and am living on street totally destitute.

Sorry guys... I'm the image of health (a nurse described me as "disgustingly healthy" ) and have a great job and great apartment... I'm currently looking into buying a house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit