Did they lie about you when you left?

by Brummie 34 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

I read it & I am somebody.....

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I don't know what they have been saying about me since I left. Never went back to find out. But I am sure that it is all negative.

Athanasius

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Thank Mouthy!..My daughter is 43 this year and her and my other daughter(45) are having a sleepover tonight!..They are both pretty upset about their dad...The older ones hubby is out of town a lot so they are having a night to cry and discuss the past!..Including being a JW....and my roller skating with another man! .wish I was there!....They love their Dad to death...but they have many sad memories too. Especially the JW condeming from him...Despite that..they have both turned out wonderful..Living their lives as "Worldly people" and enjoying it! But there will always be that hidden pain...I can see it.

They still run into witnesses they knew and many of them are no longer witnesses..

Snoozy....

ps...Hubby finally got a visit from a "Brother"..made all kinds of excuses for not coming sooner.and then apologized many times. Such a nice man!..Too bad...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    did you get an unfair bashing by JWs after you left?

lol

That was one of the deciding factors causing me to leave.

There are more stumbling blocks with-in the WTS then there are outside the WTS.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

A sister who left the jws after I did heard the rumours about me.

Debbie says that she was visiting a family, who were talking about me. The man was saying, "Yeah, there are two sides to every story! He had his reasons for sleeping with prostitutes!" Now, this is coming from a respected "brother" in the congregation. . . who is married! <wondering if this guy liked prostitutes, too!>

Interestingly, I never withheld the "marriage due(TM)" from my hubby. I was in denial for most of my marriage about his "indiscretions", because I knew if I divorced him, I would not be able to live without the sex (I kinda like it a LOT) shhhhh!

What I did NOT like was the bum sex that he was into. GAWD!!! Guess he had to git it from somewhere else. . . I pitied the prostitutes. . .But at least they got paid for it!

When I finally faced his cheating, it became a health issue with me . . . and I felt I needed to divorce him BEFORE I got AIDS. . .DOH!

I have a clean bill of health . . . and he has Hepatitis-C, since going back to intravenous drug use.

Whew!! Glad I didn't listen to the elders and stay with him!! Hearing the rumors after the fact helped me to see how confidential the elders really are with our problems.

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit