I'm new....

by layla 24 Replies latest jw friends

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

Welcome to the board, layla!

My wife and I, too, decided to fade away about 7 years ago because we wanted to think for ourselves and not follow an organization with all their rules.

Consider yourself fortunate to have come this far in your thinking. Many people never do. You will find much support on this board and be assured there are many who have been in the same situation you are.

Look forward to hearing from you more!

YellowLab

• rebel
    rebel

Layla,

I am fairly new too. It is so good that both you and hubby are escaping their clutches. I wish my hubby would leave. I love him loads but he thinks I am a fruit-loop.

Keep going.

xxR

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Layla

Welcome !

I am new too and just started posting this week. Everything will be fine. You will see that your feelings are not at all unusual. Many of us go through similar situations. Enjoy your time here.

A BIG HUG!!!

*****Rub a Dub

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

welcome layla!!! :-)

I'm 100% sure that all of our problems came just bc of the way we were told to think

i'm 100% sure you are right layla....although that only works because you accept what they tell you, you'll learn to see thru this now....take care

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome, Layla! I know how nervous you are. It's really hard to learn to trust yourself and your own God-given mind instead of an organization's rules. I, too, was "raised in the truth." My husband left the organization before I did, but when I finally stopped going (I just had to see for myself that it was the right thing to do), he told me he finally felt free of them. He's a very patient fellow - he waited 14 years for me to catch up to him!

Take it one day at a time, and enjoy the board. There's a lot of good information and support here.

Love,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit