I'm new....

by layla 24 Replies latest jw friends

• layla
    layla

Hi, I'm a little bit nervous posting something in here.....this is the firts time.....I was just wondering what "good" or "bad" things you have to say about JW. I have been a JW all my life and my husband too. Right now I'm in the process of getting out... or fading away....I'm not attending the meetings anymore. It has not being six months yet, so I think I'm not completely inactive...My husband has been inactive for over a year now.....and when that happened the situation affected me.....the attitude of all our "friends" towards us changed.....including my sister....she still talks to me but since i don't go to the meetings I don't see her anymore. As JWs we have learned that being a JW is the best thing, we always do the right thing and everybody else is wrong....I had a lot of pressure from the KH when my husband decided no to go to the KH anymore.....they said I had to be stronger and I had to stay in the organization no matter what.....This situation affected me, bc I wanted to follow what I have learned all my life and thought it was right, but at the same time I wanted to support my husband. All this caused a lot of problems between my husband and I. At one point we couldn't even talk bc we ended fighting all the time.....which brought some other problems in our lives. I'm 100% sure that all of our problems came just bc of the way we were told to think. The only thing I wish with all my heart right now is to start all over but with the "new mind" we have and with THE WAY WE THINK, not the way others want us to think.

My husband doesn 't know that I'm posting my experience in this website, he probably wouldn't believe that i'm doing this...but I know he is going to read it one day.....I just want to Thank him for Opening my eyes!!!!! ;-)

Edited by - layla on 20 January 2003 23:28:36

• ISP
    ISP

Its neat that you and your husband are of the same mind. You can use the 'search' facility to research anything in particular. Every aspect of JW stuff has been discussed but its good to make your own mind up and make a conscientious, informed decision. Something you can't do when you are a JW. If you have any specific queries..let us know!

Wish you well,.... welcome!

ISP

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Layla-

Welcome! You'll find lots of support here.

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

Hi Layla Welcome! Enjoy your stay here.

Liked your post at least you saw the light !!!!!!!

That was sweet about your husband.

Searchin50

• jgnat
    jgnat

Boy, there are new people on this site every day. Welcome, layla. It sounds like both of you have decided what you don't want. Do you know what you do want to build on in your lives and in your relationship? I am going to suggest a book. Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz. A book review can be found on this link. http://www.freeminds.org/history/crisis.htm

• Funchback
    Funchback

Welcome to the show, layla.

May you find many new friends and supporters here.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Welcome to the board.

Here are some links for you That may interest you.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: A CRITICAL ANALYSIS
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7831/

Shaun's Research on the Jehovah's Witnesses
    (Site Contains Photo Documentation )
    http://www.jwfiles.com/index.htm

My home page - Has lots of links to valuable information
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/5385/Links1.html

• Buster
    Buster

Welcome. You'll find some people quite envious of the fact that you and your husband are getting out at about the same time.

Good luck. (Yup, I say 'luck') Enjoy the readjustment - it is enlightening - you'll need to resist the temptation to beat yourself up over the crap you used to accept.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome to the board.

May you find happiness outside of the organization, you've come to the right place for support.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

hello and welcome Layla,

like just about anything it takes awhile to make adjustments when things are so ingrained & you will from time to time catch yourself thinking the old way. it's nice that you are standing by your husband and are willing to go forward.

My hubby and I DA last Aug. after dateline aired and we both read COC, he also started looking at their references in their books only to find misquotes here and there and then lot of other things came out. It is hard when other family members are in, and there are some here that can relate if a situation arises and you need to talk about it.

take care and hang in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit