You're Canadian When

by WildTurkey 48 Replies latest social humour

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Wild Turkey BWAHAHAHAHAH

That is soo funny. Where did you learn to be so smart ? Are you a transplanted Canuck?

You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.

Not True. Not for me anyways! A local bar here has a special on Thursday Nights. Canadian Tire at par. Top That !

You don't care about the fuss with Cuba. It's a cheap place to go for your holidays, with good cigars and no Americans.
    You're just jealous.
  • ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hey WildTurkey!!!

How'd you know so much about us Canadians, eh?

ROFLMAO!!! <getting up now, straightening myself out>

Love,

ESTEE

• Scully
    Scully

I'm highly insulted that this list did not include Tim Horton's coffee.

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 20 January 2003 16:56:28

• Simon
    Simon
    Canadian Tire money

A) It's spelt wrong. It's Tyre . "Tire" is when you get tired doing something. Does this shop wear you out or something?

B) Why do they have their own money?!?!

Actually, I do know that Canadian Tire is an auto shop, a mix between Kwik-Fit and Halford (for UKers)

I will be Canadian when I can roll up to Tim Hortons and they say "The usual?" ah ...

• meadow77
    meadow77
    You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed".

This solves a long unanswered question for me. Are any of you familiar with a song called, oh I can't remember what it's called, but anyway there was this line that always confused me. It goes something like "the coversation runs right from A to Zed" And then preceded to ryme it with "head" I was always so confused. I thought " Boy, that's a stretch, they must have really been hard up for a verse that rymed with head"

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Ya know...I'm just bustin' a gut over here. Reading the Canuckistani interpretation of this/that and the other thing, I'm laughing up a storm.

Over here in North America, I think both Americans and Canadians have this cute little knack of poking fun at each other; they are the only two who can get away with it, and do it well. I have heard other nationals attempt to poke fun at Americans or Canadians, but you have to be one or the other to do it to each other to pull it off effectively.

Did I just write that? Good grief!

When I was in the UK, it's funny initially how we get mistaken as Americans, obviously because of the North American English accent. But some of the stuff we banter about among our neighbours to the south, goes right over many Brits heads. Not that they aren't smart, it's just their unfamiliarity with our crazy North American neighbourhood.

Aztec, on a side note. Since I've only been on this site for a short while, I've been going back and reading old posts, and I have to hand it to you: some of your posts are phenominal, and you impress me with your remarks. Way to go! To my neighbour across either the Detroit River; Lake St. Clair, St. Clair River, Lake Huron or Lake Superior; great posts! BTW...Michigan is real greedy when it comes to the Great Lakes. We won't mention...ahem!...Ontario.

SCTV anyone? Bob & Doug MacKenzie?

We're just a bunch of 'Hosers', dontcha' know!

Oh...and don't eat that Yellow Snow .

Gotta hand it to some of our American posters on this topic: HILARIOUS

Simon: tire vs. tyre - in the UK, do they spell JAIL, GAOL? Just curious. Tire? well, if you go to Canadian Tire, some of them are mighty huge, and yes, you'll tire easily enough, and you lay against a kilometre of tires when you tyre out . The Canadian Tire Money is very old, sort of like coupons that can be redeemed only at the store. It looks like a currency of some sort, but it's good for any product at Canadian Tire (nickname up here: Crappy Tire) or their gas bars. When you buy anything in the store, you automatically get Canadian Tire money with your change. It's kind of unique, but if you get over here, check it out, even if you are simply buying something as useless as a: Snowblower.

The soda thing, well in some parts of the USA, soda refers to pop, not just seltzer/soda water for mix. Coke/Pepsi/Schweppes would be considered, in general, in some parts of the USA as: soda. Canucks say: Pop.

Wild Turkey? Great bourbon .

Canadians drink their: RYE - Americans drink their: Bourbon

They've got (Americans) loads of coffee shops; we've got...OK Scully, I have to write it again: TIM HORTONS!

Simon, you know what's hilarious about UK folks when they come here. When they order something to be taken home, they will say: 'take away' which always solicits interesting replies of: "Excuse me?" or "what did you say?" I saw one British woman get annoyed at a Tim Hortons one day, told her, the phrase here is: "TO GO". She tried it out: she got a smile from the staff and excellent coffee.

Anyone see MadTVs occasional spoofs at their neighbours to the north? I find it hilarious and you know, MadTV does it good.

"This is dedicated to our neighbours to the north: Canada, where anything goes!"

SEX, SEX, SEX and drink beer, that's all we do ya know.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Watch it Razorblade!!!! I am exempt from your last statement I dont drink beer & I dont have sex!!!

I am a Canadian too!!!! So my friend !!! I think you should repent!!!!! the end is near!!!lol

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

What the heck is Canadian Tire Money? You get money to buy tires????

• jgnat
    jgnat

Probably an Urban Legend, but I heard about Canadian vacationers who lost their traveller's cheques that successfully used their Canadian Tire money in an African country.

Hey, there are serious collectors of this currency!

http://www.nunetcan.net/ctccc/ctccc.html

• Scully
    Scully

lol @ jgnat

I was going to upload a pic of CT$ too. Only my pic was of the $0.50 note.

Canadian Tire money are basically coupons that you receive when you buy something at the store. The value is about 3% of your purchase, before taxes. Some people collect their CT$ for a long time and go and make a purchase at the store, using the CT$ they've collected. My husband is saving all of his for a snowblower. I'm saving mine to surprise him with it someday. If he pisses me off in the meantime, I'll be buying new locks for the house!

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit