do beer commercials cross the line?

by DanTheMan 65 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

What I want to know is. Why don't they ever use a half nakid man in these commercials? I think if they can flaunt women in commercials, they should do the same with men.

The only problem is, men don't like to give they only want to recieve. IT SUCKS I TELL YA!

Edited by - Lilacs on 22 January 2003 1:15:27

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Why don't they ever use a half nakid man in these commercials?

Can you imagine someone like me in a beer commercial? I've got so many mistakes on my body I would scare people away from drinking beer forever!

men don't like to give they only want to recieve
    Well it depends on what kind of giving you mean.
  • WildHorses
    WildHorses

Well it depends on what kind of giving you mean.
    Hmm, well, I was speaking of nakidness in commercials, but sometimes they the need to be persuaded a bit to give in other ways too.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I dont hear the women who are posing in these comercials complaining, Im sure they are being paid very well.

Sorry, but...DUH!!!

I can't see how any self-respecting woman could mud wrestle in a beer ad. Boggles the mind. Seems similar to prostitution to me.

Big Tex, good points, I guess women have come a long way, even in the past 20-30 years. But, I think there is too much of the ol' boy mindset.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

To those who have been following & posting to this thread, PLEASE read the sample pages from this book, I think it might broaden your perspective. It is very much written from a singular (outraged) perspective, but I think that the author makes some excellent points and reveals some very unflattering facts about the ad biz:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684866005/ref%3Dcm%5Fbg%5Fd%5F1/002-2472599-/002-7891778-6241624

excerpt:

Magazines, Newspapers, and radio and television programs round us up, rather like cattle, and producers and publishers then sell us to advertisers, usually through ads placed in advertising and industry publications. "The people you want, we've got all wrapped up for you," declares The Chicago Tribune in an ad placed in Advertising Age, the major publication of the advertising industry, which pictures several people, all neatly boxed according to their income level.

• larc
    larc

DanTheMan, I sent you an e-mail, but I got an error message and it wouldn't go through. I have a question on a subject unrelated to this one. Could you e-mail me, please?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit