do beer commercials cross the line?

by DanTheMan 65 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I was hoping to enjoy the championship game between the Eagles and the Bucs.

But no more than 5 or 10 minutes into the game, a Budweiser ad comes on that uses a very obvious double entendre (a conversation between a man and woman that revolves around the very large sweatshirt she is wearing. She makes comments like, "small ones are OK, but big ones just feel better." The commercial closes with her remarking about his "small hands".)

Now the TV is off, and it will stay off. I find commercials such as these to be in such bad taste that the displeasure of enduring them outweighs the pleasure of watching whatever program they are sponsoring. And this commercial was actually pretty tame compared to that awful "tastes great/less filling" Miller Lite spot where the girls end up mud wrestling at the end.

It makes me physically ill to know that preteen and teen boys and girls all across the country get exposed to these trashy creations of beer companies' amoral advertising departments. The CEO's of these companies ought to be ashamed.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Another option is to simply change the channel for a minute when an objectionable commercial appears. And then go back to the game. The competitors in the game have no control over the TV advertising departments.

• heathen
    heathen

The commercials don't bother me in the least .There is more sexual content in most tv shows than in commercials anyway . I can think of shows like baywatch that left kids in a state of lust as well as adults .

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Let me guess.....when the Victorias Secret commercials come on do you view them as "art"?

• Sargon
    Sargon

It's too bad you're missing a good game because of the ads. personally I always thought that football, titties and beer went together. But if the ads are causing you to turn the game off... then obviously they've gone too far for you. But as long as the majority of us North American males continue to watch the Sunday games, with beers in front of us, they'll keep right on doing it.

• bigboi
    bigboi

The ultimate ad in this country is gonna be a butt naked bonde with Drink Coke spread across her crotch and her DD's.

Nothing sells like sex, tis the future I'm tellin ya.

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Have you watched any sitcom ever. Talk about sexual innuendos and double entendres. My TV would stay off if I went by that. I agree with the other posters. First your missing a great game and probably the next game and the superbowl. Second I agree with just change the channel for 60 seconds and come right back.

The ads are always gonna be there. But I do get your point.

Diamond

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Let me guess.....when the Victorias Secret commercials come on do you view them as "art"?

um, no

But as long as the majority of us North American males continue to watch the Sunday games, with beers in front of us, they'll keep right on doing it.

I guess this is why I'm a bit of a loner. The fact that North American males laugh at and think nothing of such an ad is beyond my comprehension.

The ultimate ad in this country is gonna be a butt naked bonde with Drink Coke spread across her crotch and her DD's.

The day is coming, I'm sure

I've been told many times in my life that I take things too seriously and maybe this is another example of this, but really commercials like this cause me to feel such despair. Ad companies have to be some of the most immoral entities on the face of the earth.

• Simon
    Simon

I'm guessing the ad with the woman spilling the beer and the guy licking it up is not on over there?

Truth is, I think it's very funny and quite clever. They had to move it though so it's shown later.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

before u knock those commercials. just realise i work for budweiser and if u think those commercials are in bad taste. like u said turn ur damn tv off. how in the hell do u let 1 commercial rule what u watch on tv?...are u that nieve to let one ad make u turn off ur tv?.well then fine i dont want ur loser ass bein pissed off at a commercial (a commercial) buyin my products anyway.so just stay home ,be pissed off,and think ur makin a damn difference in the world about turnin off ur tv because of an ad.cuz believe me im in the biz and i know that for all of you that get pissed off there are 10 that love those ad's.so kiss it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit