do beer commercials cross the line?

by DanTheMan 65 Replies latest jw friends

• email
    email

I saw that commercial and I think it was funny as hell...

• Robdar
    Robdar

The ads I hate are the Herbal Essence commercials. You have to wonder where they find all these bimbos with clits on their heads. An "organic experience" my ass.

Robyn

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

You know, I can understand where some of the 'triggers' for some people come from. That's understandable, but you know, this forum, maybe it is good afterall, because when you put your concerns out there, you get a better objective from other peoples' perspectives. Perhaps it will help quell those demons . Then the humour is better understood and interpetted.

But, the beer commercials. Uh huh...has anyone seen some of the insane wacky Canadian beer commercials? ESTEE, I'm sure you've seen a few HILARIOUS ones. The one for Molson Ex are hilarious: one commercial for men; one for women - seperate commercials, but funny. There are several others, that are just beyond t & a, but are full of double entendres that venture into 'gay/bi' themes, which bust me up real good.

Drinking my rye n' ginger right now.

Edited by - RAYZORBLADE on 20 January 2003 1:5:38

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Feeling self conscious?

• Mac
    Mac

Mud wrestling................ Now my tv is on, and will stay on!!!

mac

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

DanTheMan,

Click on this -----------------> Nice_Little_Ditty

• Mackin
    Mackin
    Miller Lite spot where the girls end up mud wrestling at the end

Bummer, we don't get ad's like that! You guy's have all the fun. But then American beer is so watery and tasteless I guess they have to use raunchy ad's to get people to buy it.

Oh yeah, Dan, lighten up, stop taking life so seriously.

Mackin (of the "never take life too seriously, otherwise you might as well have stayed a dub" class)

• meadow77
    meadow77

Some are o.k, some are just stupid. But as a beer drinking woman I have often wondered why the beer ads are almost exclusivly geared toward men, and why they have to be so obvious with their gratuities sex and steroetypes.

Meadow of the women like to drink beer too class

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

For myself, Ive become so aware of things manipulating my emotions, such as adverts, I guess I have read (during my decade of mind control research) just TOO MANY books on manipulation, psychology, mind control, brainwashing, etc. Now I see manipulation in everything. All that ghastly hyper stimulation with multiple flashing imaghes per second that they insist on putting into ads for everything these days (subliminal messages) . Its all just over stimulation. Sensory bombardment. And all the ghastly politically correct News and current affairs shows with some fat, smug interviewer pretending to "grill" the politician hes interviweing when theyre all actually pissing in each others pockets. I barely watch TV any more because I wont be subjected to it.

Im a nut basically. A very anti social nut.

Edited by - refiners fire on 20 January 2003 2:12:15

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm with ya RF. It is a shame that people just see these commercials as funny and harmless and don't recognize that they are the carefully crafted creations of ad agencies who conduct endless research on how to manipulate our emotions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit