My parents sent the elders after me

by atacrossroads 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

atacrossroads: They really believe if I went back to KH and FS that would be the answer.

Yes, but their beliefs have nothing to do with reality.

You are an adult individual. You have autonomy. This scares the hell out of them.

atacrossroads: If my own parents act like that now I will be shunned for sure if I am df'd.

Yes you will.

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

Ata I really feel for you in your current situation. Not sure if you read my post about my concerned parents but our situation parallels in so many ways. I didnt even fully tell my parents all the reasons I dont attend meetings and they went off the deep end too. They were more concerned with how my actions would affect them and not my feelings or conscience at all. It is a very hard situation to be in when you want to try to keep family ties but it seems everyone is out to get you and not in your corner. I too have a husband who is very much in the religion but holding my secret. The fact that your husband is doing the same and being supportive of you during this difficult time in your life is a good sign. Hang in there hun. If you ever need to talk or vent with someone who can relate feel free to pm me anytime.

Keep strong

Lostwun
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Oubliette`s advice on having an attorney and a recording advice present at a J.C.meeting is spot on .

However I would add taking two friends along preferably non witnesses for your support..

Put that to them and you wont have a J.C.meeting about you.They will leave you alone .

smiddy

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I just don't get it. I was a loyal publisher for decades. Although I never openly stated why I left I never got a peep out of the elders. I guess I'm the lucky one here. Just to of stopped the hounding you should of answered yes to the F&D question and if you get asked it again the answer will be a resounding yes. Just a tip.
  • wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Keep strong. You're doing great. We got a lot of pressure. Just kept saying "It's personal. We're not comfortable talking about it." And we won. You will win too.

Brother Jackson's testimony, sworn on the silver sword, re. letting people leave freely is a disgrace to his God, his Bible and his cult.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Great response, ATACROSSROADS!

You have a P.M.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    You did great. Keep employing the same tactics. Hopefully they'll give up in sheer frustration. What your husband did shows signs of him putting you above the cult and being protective of you. Qualities of a person who genuinely cares for and loves you. As,long as he's by your side you are in a good position. My philosophy has always been as long as I have only one person who loves and supports me unconditionally, the burdens of life will never be to heavy bare when there is someone to share the load.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

Everything oubliette said!

stay strong. Don't let your self esteem be affected by such bullying and inappropriate behaviour!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I would have looked those Elders straight in the face and asked them:

1.) Since when you are two the Masters of my faith?

2.) My husband isn't here, so why are you?

3.) Who do two think you are? Showing up at MY house to interrogate me?

4.) I am not here to answer your intrusive questions. Again, who in the hell do you two think you are? Leave, while I call the police to report your harassment.

5.) Call here again, and I'll have you charged with stalking. Announce my name as DA'd or DF'd, and I'll be suing YOU, personally, NOT the WT Org.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I once told my loyal JW Mom that it might be best if I didn't go too deeply into my reasons for being inactive in case she felt compelled to talk to any elders about it (and that that was the same reason I felt it would be best not to talk to them, myself, too), just in case she ended up feeling pressured to limit her contact with me.

She seemed to grudgingly accept that at the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit