EXACTLY Why JW's Are NOT Christian

by Perry 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Cyprian 200 - 258 AD.

@Perry

Cyprian reads like an organizational nut. He's hell bent on hierarchy and following men.

In my view JW's and Mormons are as Christian as any Catholic, Orthodox, Calvinist or Messianic Jews. They are all humans claiming to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. No one to my knowledge can claim to do this to perfection.

It is when people place themselves as the only representatives and intermediaries or vicars for Christ that they start to abuse ecclesiastical office and misuse power causing suffering and discord among Christian believers.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ The Rebel

Here is why jw's are not Christians (I wrote this before so I will repost):

you will not find one phrase in wt publications that say Jesus is mediator between God and "other sheeep"

They do not believe this. They say Jesus is mediator only between 144 000 and God.

A jw from "other sheep", in their view, has exactly the same hope as a Buddhist or Hindu that lived years ago and never heard of Yah or Jesus.

They should read more carefully Isaiah 65:20 - fleshly people in the 1000 years Kingdom will grow old and die.

The one and only christian hope is inheriting the Kingdom and living in it as immortal beings, a new creation, like Jesus after resurrection.

And the second reason they do not believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus ( do not read physical as carnal / fleshy as it is not what I mean, but ressurection as a immortal being / new man / new creation with a physical imperishable body)

These are the reasons. Of course, other doctrines who elevate Jesus at God status, on the same level as Jehovah, or part of trinity are not better than the jw's ...

Another false statement that jw's make about Jesus is that he is an angel. Hebrews ch 1 and 2, culminating with Hebrews 2:5 clearly shows he is not an angel.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Jesus Christ has always had people since the time of the apostles who experienced Salvation through faith in Christalone.

Perry, please go right on doing what others have done before, what even the organization most of us left has done before- go right on deciding on some made up theology without a shred of proof, and then accuse nonbelievers of doing what you do.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut 42 minutes ago
    Jesus Christ has always had people since the time of the apostles who experienced Salvation through faith in Christalone.

Perry, please go right on doing what others have done before, what even the organization most of us left has done before- go right on deciding on some made up theology without a shred of proof, and then accuse nonbelievers of doing what you do.

I wish I could double like!
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Typical holier than than thou Perry post. *yawn*.
  • garyneal
    garyneal
    Perry, are you still an Independent Fundamental Baptist?
  • Clambake
    Clambake

Christianity is a belief that

1. Jesus was the manifestation of god in the flesh

2. You are saved by grace, not works, but god doesn’t want an empty faith.

3. You become a born again Christian, you enter into the new covenant.

Catholic, Anglican, Baptist etc etc……….it is all the same.

JW are a belief

1. Only 144,000 enter into the new covenant the bible can only be understood by seven magical men in Brooklynn. Essentially only 7 seven in Brooklyn enter into the new covenant.

2. Only though your works and obedience to the magical slave can you you be saved from the impending Armageddon.

I can’t say I am really much of a biblical scholar but man you would think if that was god’s plan for humanity, you would think the bible would be pretty consistent in this teaching. Outside of the parable of the faithful and discreet slave ( which is a freakin parable ) , there really is nothing in the bible about this arrangement.

The idea what is and isn’t Christian is just a matter of opinion is not true. Now if you don’t believe in the bible, that is fine but don’t say the JWs have any legitimate theology here. What they teach is utterly stupid.

• jws
    jws
    Of course, you need things simple, Perry. A) it's all you can understand and B) if it's nuanced, the Bible doesn't make sense. Actually, if it's black and white it doesn't make sense either. But Christians prefer no to think and have nuance, so black and white works best for them.
  • Perry
    Perry

Garyneal,

I would be comfortable in any number of bible believing churches. When we moved, we found a similar church, though not officially Baptist. Doctrine is identical. They have elders, which is a Presbyterian influence. Doesn't really matter, nice solid folks there.

I can’t say I am really much of a biblical scholar but man you would think if that was god’s plan for humanity, you would think the bible would be pretty consistent in this teaching.

Clambake,

The New Testament is perfectly consistent in its teaching that a person has to be a member of the new covenant in order to have forgiveness of sins. NOT ONE scripture shows how a person can get their sins forgiven while outside of the New Covenant.

BTW, as a side note, the English words: testament and covenant are from the same Greek word. They both just mean "contract". The bible has been divided by the old contract and the new contract.

The entire new testament describes how things should be when / after entering into the "new contract" with God.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    JW's do not follow many of the teachings of Jesus, do not see Christ as God or a God. These are two major reasons one could say they are not Christians. They are truly what their name says. They are witnesses about a Cannanite mountain God named El that later came to be known by other names including Jehovah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit