EXACTLY Why JW's Are NOT Christian

by Perry 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

A lot of people, EX-JWs, believers and unbelievers alike, think that JW's are just a somewhat kooky brand of Christianity. Is it possible to "try and follow Jesus" and not be Christian? What exactly makes someone a Christian? And, what exactly makes someone NOT a Christian?

I like to make things simple, if they can be. So here is the simplest reason why all Bible Cults are not Christian.

They violate the New Covenant Jesus offered in Matt. 26: 27 & 28 (one way or another)
    The term "New Testament" literally means "New Contract". The contract was for the purpose of forgiveness of sins as the above verse so clearly states. The contract is solely between Jesus Christ and the New Contract believer. It is a VERY simple agreement.

However, the Watchtower says that the New Contract is for government positions, not for forgiveness of sins.
    Furthermore, they have stated that the contract is now virtually closed to believers, although it used to be open to "whosoever".

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Gal. 1: 8

Instead, they claim that the "light" that get brighter is new doctrines, where association with the Watchtower is what guarantees you passage into the Kingdom, not identification with Jesus. This is not the "good news" that the apostles preached. According the Gal. 1: 8 - the good news message cannot be changed, therefore they are specially cursed for this and are not Christian.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Nine Scriptures reveal that Christ Jesus will do the judging; John 5:28,29, Acts 10:42, Acts 17:31, Romans 14:9, 2 Cor. 5:10, 2 Tim. 4:1, 1 Pet. 4:5, Rev. 11:18 & 20:12. I'll leave it in his hands.

Romans 2:1 puts it very well; "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

Imitating J.W.'s judgmental attitudes only tars a person with the same brush.

I haven't identified the one "true" religion anywhere in Christendom yet, but if there is one which a) doesn't have a paid clergy, and b) doesn't ask/demand that I give them money in exchange for their scriptural "insights", I'd maybe consider them.

J.W.'s don't have a monopoly on false teachings!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    The JWs have always self identified their religion of one that is purer in adherence to the words and directions contained in the bible, but in that endeavoring process they have identified themselves as false teachers and preachers of the Gospel of Christ Jesus.
  • bellasmile
    bellasmile

I do not find any agreement in WT for Government positions. I only see references to the great crowd.

" In foretelling the new covenant, Jeremiah highlighted that Jehovah would “forgive their error” and remember sin no more. (Jer. 31:34) You can imagine that Jeremiah might have wondered how God would accomplish that forgiveness. At least he could understand that in speaking of a new covenant, God meant that there would be an agreement, or contract, between Him and humans"

It is obviously a subjective opinion what makes something a "Cult" or a "Christian". Since it is for Christ to judge I will leave it in his hands. He is far more capable than I.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    By Perry's definition, Peter and Paul would not be true Christians. They taught that only patriarchs could have a relationship with Jesus and that all members of their household needed to go through them.
  • little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

For me there is two answers... first you have the trinity (big debate and don't want to go into that right now) and secondly you have the Lords Supper.

The Bible is VERY clear Christians eat the bread and wine in remembrance to him. It IS the new convenient. It takes the place of Passover for Christians.

If you partake you are Christian.... if you don't you aren't.

• Ding
    Ding

By Perry's definition, Peter and Paul would not be true Christians. They taught that only patriarchs could have a relationship with Jesus and that all members of their household needed to go through them.

Could you give the scripture references for that, please.

Thanks.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They also just give Jesus lip service. There is evidence that the original leaders were Masons and Masons from what I understand don't believe or didn't believe in Christ, knowing this character was a construct from older religious beliefs. Even Thomas Jefferson Published a bible leaving out everything to do with Jesus. So I believe deep down these guys could care less about Jesus and this is why it always about Jehovah and Jehovah all the time.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the intent of the WTS. was to deliberately connect with God (Jehovah) the greater almighty God, rather than focused upon his son as most of Christendom does and wrongly by their own inherent theology.

JWs should therefore be described more as a Judeo Christian religion in practice.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

agree!

you will not find one phrase in wt publications that say Jesus is mediator between God and "other sheeep"

They do not believe this.

A jw from "other sheep" in their view hope has exactly the same hope as a Buddhist or Hindu that lived years ago and never heard of Yah or Jesus.

They should read more carefully Isaiah 65:20 - fleshly people in the 1000 years Kingdom will grow old and die.

The one and only christian hope is inheriting the Kingdom and living in it as immortal beings, a new creation, like Jesus after resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit