Name Something NEGATIVE About Being A Witness

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

The bible, in particular the New Testament, cannot be depended upon to mean what it so clearly does mean in plain, common English. One must apply a form of Orwellian double-speak, and even that changes on a regular basis.

Intelligent people must prostitute their own mental acuity, substituting therefore the bleating of the common herd. There is no "intelligensia" among JWs; they're not welcome. No thinking allowed.

A common, ordinary person with the usual amount of honesty and ethics must abandon his own God-given moral sensitivity and conscience, and substitute instead the low moral standard set by a group of a dozen or so senile octagenarians in Broklynn.

A person could go on and on and on about the negative aspects of the WTBTS, but sooner or later it would become boring, like shooting fish in a barrel; or it would become depressing to realize that at one time in our lives we followed this crap like it was mana from heaven.

And that's just why we need a "full suit of [spiritual] armor" to protect us from the depradations of this roaring lion, looking around for someone to devour.

francois

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

You want just one thing?!

Being isolated with no friends, since the "friends" at the hall were mostly rude

The overwhelming guilt for my feelings and desires

Being told what to do all the time

Being lied to

• Sargon
    Sargon

EVERYTHING!!

• Jade
    Jade

You can't pursue a career that has requirements beyond high school

You can't celebrate holidays

You can't wear mini-skirts to the K hall

You have to act like a jerk and shun your friends and family that leave (oh yes very Christian)

You public speaking skills are judged bv some guy who scrubs toilets for a living

Jade

• LB
    LB

Hmmm, something negative. Hard to come up with.

Offering inane comments at the bookstudy or watchtower that have already been prepared for you. Some study!

• alfie
    alfie

Something negative, hmmm, well I'm not exactly sure where to start. The estrangement from my family? Possibly. Perhaps ceasing my university studies? Always a good negative. The idea that everyone except JW's are worthless? An oldie but a goody. Maybe the fact that I became a freak? That's a keeper.

This is a trick question, right?

alfie

Edited by - alfie on 18 January 2003 13:28:23

• MissFrooFroo
    MissFrooFroo

The Hypocracy

Having morons in charge of every aspect of your life

Not being able to enjoy the simple pleasures in life

Their "witch hunt" tactics

• Oreopandabear
    Oreopandabear

Two words would sum it all up for me.

Silent Lamb.

Oreo

• Dawn
    Dawn

1) Being so utterly bored to death at meetings and studies (I now go to churches & studies where I actually learn new stuff all the time)

2) Always worrying if I'm good enough to make it (NO......duh........noone is - if we were Jesus wouldn't of had to come and die for us)

3) Always scared of every major political move or storm or disaster - Armageddon was always just around the corner.

• bowels
    bowels

Not being able to have a real discussion about issues and beliefs or else you are

marked as a person not obedient to the teachings of the FDS. I like to think of this

as "Magnetic Sign" beliefs ....... read what is on the sign and believe it ..... if we change

the sign, that's what we believe today (ooooooppppssss ....sorry .... I mean New Light).

*****Smiles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit