Biblical Names for your children

by JH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

My 3 boys had biblical names first and middle except for my youngest his middle name went with the first name on the Irish tradition. My girls had short names (not biblical) that couldn't be nicknamed as I always hated all the nick names I got called due to my first name......it's a wonder I don't have multipal personalities.

In hindsight I wished I had named all my kids (5) traditional Irish names, I love those names and they would have gone so well with our last name. Oh well, I never thought when I had my first baby that I would have 4 more, it was so close to the end.......".woe to the pregnant woman".......yeah I'll show ya woe!

The funniest biblical names I knew peeps by:

Bilhah (she didn't even look like a Bilhah) whatever one looks like.lol

Jehoiakim I say if you can't pronounce it don't name your kid that, the parents couldn't even agree on how to say the kids name.......sheese! I called him Joe! It pissed them off!

Katie

• JNS2
    JNS2

Shekinah (sp.) for the light. Poor kid.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

There was a couple in our cong. that named their kid Nebuchadnezzer (sp? it's been a while). Poor kid!!!

• JH
    JH
    Nebuchadnezzer

He should sue his parents, even better sue the org.

• dottie
    dottie

I don't have kids yet, but I have always liked the name Isaiah. Do you think I should change my dog's name??

Dottie

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

the one name that I thought was different or should I say biblical was Nehemiah and with a last name of Benjamin. I wonder how he introduces himself ?

• Mary
    Mary

Nebuchadnezzar or Methusela for sure.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Could you imagine growing up with the name Nimrod??

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

My mother was disturbed that we didn't pick Bible names for her grandchildren, but we didn't want to. We have Jennifer Lani and Jackson Paul. Jennifer after my paternal grandmother, and Lani (which means Heaven in Hawaiian) for part of my middle name, Leilani (I was born in Hawaii). Jackson because we liked the sound of it (we liked Benjamin too but then he'd have the initials BS and we didn't want to do that to him) and Paul after my favorite uncle on mom's side. I spared Jennie the onus of being named after my maternal grandmother, whom I loved dearly: Vasiliki. She was Greek and I just didn't think it would translate too well in Texas schools.

Some Bethel elder with the last name of Schroeder, who somehow had the "privilege" of living at Bethel AND having a kid named his poor son Judah-Ben. I hope he was home-schooled - how would you like to be in a Brooklyn public school with THAT name?

Nina

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

My sister's middle name is Shammah...I always thought it sounded beautiful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit