The 2300 Daze of Daniel

by refiners fire 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

cruiser

the more the merrier. Anyway I learnt something today, I never heard of 1932 before you guys started talking about it. So "Hijack" away. Some of that stuff from Ezekial in the "finished mystery" was pretty crazy alright. I should reread it and refresh.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

refiners fine, I never intended to defend or justify any attempts of explaining the attack during WWI, I just said that the explanation has been given, or that the verse has been commented on, what you said had not been done. There is no need to try to make me defend something I am not interested in defending. OK? Greetings.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Hippy. Heres some more amazing Biblical prophetic fullfillment......

The 1335 Dayz of Daniel.

The Same 1993 Watchtower (The November 1 issue) on the subject of the 1335 days of Daniel. Article: Daniels prophetic Days and our faith

QUOTE......Daniel 12:12 says: "Happy is the one who is keeping in expectation and who arrives at the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days!" These 1,335 days, or three years, eight and a half months, evidently began at the end of the previous period. Counting from September 1922, this brings us to the late spring of 1926.

EVIDENTLY? Dont they KNOW? Whatever. So what LANDMARK OCCURENCES marked the 3 something year period of fulfillment of THIS 2600 year old prophecy??? The 1335 days commence (evidently) to be fulfilled immediately following the LANDMARK Cedar Point convention of 1922 :

QUOTE...... Despite the LANDMARK nature of events in 1922, EVIDENTLY some still looked longingly to the pastsome associated with the Bible Students did not feel impelled to share the good news with others.. As the 1,335 days progressed, all of this changed. To strengthen the brothers, regular group studies of TheWatchTower were organized. Field service was stressed. Beginning in May 1923, everyone was invited to share in field service on the first Tuesday of every month

Why brothers and sisters, could this be an indication of when the regimented nature of field service was actually begun to be inaugurated In 1923? An interesting tidbit there.

So that was the LANDMARK event of 1923 , inviting everyone to partake in field service.

Here is the major LANDMARK EVENT of 1924 that the article lists:

QUOTE......The year 1924 saw the inauguration of radio station WBBR, which was used to broadcast the good news over the airwaves..

MAJOR event that one! As for 1925 :

QUOTE........ The article "Birth of the Nation" in the March 1, 1925, issue of TheWatchTower gave an adjusted understanding of Revelation chapter 12..

1926 ??

QUOTE......The January 1, 1926, issue of TheWatchTower carried the LANDMARK article "Who Will Honor Jehovah?" highlighting AS NEVER BEFORE the IMPORTANCE of God's name. And finally, in May 1926 at the London, England, convention, a resolution was adopted entitled "A Testimony to the Rulers of the World." This forthrightly proclaimed the truth about God's Kingdom and the coming destruction of Satan's world. At the same convention, the hard-hitting book Deliverance was released The 1,335 days were concluded..

A convention in London and a resolution!

What staggeringly insipid fulfillments of 2600 plus years old prophecy are these? That 2600 year old Biblical prophecy can be claimed to have been fulfilled in such events and noone stands up and HOWLS in protest.

It beggars understanding.

(capitalized words in Watchtower quotes are mine)

Edited by - refiners fire on 21 January 2003 3:49:1

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

hi cruise; i'm not so good with the puter.... if you go to search the web,, type in "answers FOR jehovah's witnesses" then click on spritual food at the proper time ... look under 1932...john

• Farkel
    Farkel

refiners fire,

: I wonder how much persecution there was of the Russellites during WW1 ? Not sure on that one.

Not much, if any. Russell was not opposed non-combatant activities like Bible Students being Medics and other activities. A group (out of Canada and the Pacific Northwest as I recall) were opposed to ANY involvement in the military, including non-combatant activites or alternative service. They broke away from Russell and formed their own sect.

Ironically, the WTS eventually adopted the position that any involvement in the military WAS unscriptural and banned it. I was one of those who was arrested, convicted and sentenced for following their rule, which as I mentioned was exactly what the break-away Standfaster group believe when Russell oppossed that belief.

Then, in more recent times, the society changed back AGAIN to Russell's original belief: alternative military service is ok.

C onclusion: the Watchtower Society is and has always been clueless: Just like the rudderless ship tossing to-and-fro on the sea that Jesus mentioned.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

refiners,

: Whatever. So what LANDMARK OCCURENCES marked the 3 something year period of fulfillment of THIS 2600 year old prophecy??? The 1335 days commence (evidently) to be fulfilled immediately following the LANDMARK Cedar Point convention of 1922 :

Yeah, right. Have you ever seen the picture of that LANDMARK 1922 Cedar Point convention in the Proclaimer's book. It looks like it was held out in the woods, and there must have been a whopping 200 people in the audience there. Tops!

Some LANDMARK convention, huh? I wonder how many modern dubs can tell anyone what "Landmark" events that puny little convention produced? I wonder what knowledgeable secular historian can tell us about what "Landmark" events occurred in that year, except that maybe the Charleston dance was all the rage. That's about it!

Farkel

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

It's a good thing the WTS understands what constitutes a "Landmark" otherwise these events might go by un-noticed.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Farkel

You seem to miss the most important part of the Cedar Point convention. The HORN. That's where they blew the horn. If the brother hadn't blown the horn it would not be as memorable. Plus I think Cedar Point has one of the largest amusement parks in the country so it was probably a nice place to be afterwards. The kids probably liked it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

RubaDub,

: You seem to miss the most important part of the Cedar Point convention. The HORN. That's where they blew the horn.

Rutherford blew his own horn everywhere he went! I thought that was so obvious it didn't need mentioning!

Farkel

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

FMeister . Well the WT article says about WW 1 "persecution"....

...."As war fever took hold, they encountered mounting opposition. Some were imprisoned. Individuals, such as Frank Platt in England and Robert Clegg in Canada, were tortured by sadistic authorities".....

I guess if there WAS persecution the WT would maximize it as much as they could, rather than minimize it. Maybe a couple of guys in England and Canada was all that were "tortured" by the Anglo American "fierce king" during WW1 . You know...just maybe.. the Canadian sect you mentioned is where "Robert Clegg" hails from. That would be so WT....to claim a member of the "Evil slave" apostate breakaway group as a member when it suits their purpose and they want to up their "Persecuted Dub" figures.

Its worth remembering too, that this discussion started with a 1971 WT article that claimed:

...."October 15, 1944, issue of TheWatchtower. Right on its heels, in the November 1 issue came the leading article announcing "Theocratic Organization in Action." Under appropriate subheadings this article discussed "President," .Servant," . " Governing Body ," In the article that followed the above, in the same issue of TheWatchtower, namely, "The Theocratic Alignment Today," paragraph 3 said: "The visible governing body of the Theocratic organization is and must be appointed only by Jehovah God the Supreme Ruler".....

And that this 1944 publishing event concluded the 2300 days of Daniel.

Of course, 1971 (when the interpretation was published) was the year the Governing Body actually was innagurated, so, a very convenient scriptural revelation there.

Edited by - refiners fire on 23 January 2003 2:26:59

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit