The 2300 Daze of Daniel

by refiners fire 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

yep, RF,

You've pretty much hit it on the spot.

: ...."As war fever took hold, they encountered mounting opposition. Some were imprisoned. Individuals, such as Frank Platt in England and Robert Clegg in Canada, were tortured by sadistic authorities".....

: I guess if there WAS persecution the WT would maximize it as much as they could, rather than minimize it. Maybe a couple of guys in England and Canada was all that were "tortured" by the Anglo American "fierce king" during WW1 . You know...just maybe.. the Canadian sect you mentioned is where "Robert Clegg" hails from. That would be so WT....to claim a member of the "Evil slave" apostate breakaway group as a member when it suits their purpose and they want to up their "Persecuted Dub" figures.

I'll have to look into this, but it wouldn't surprise me that the WTS would use such duplicity: vilify the very Bible Students who took a stand that Rutherford opposed and then, nearly a Century later, laud them as fulfilling a "good" Bible Prrophecy that "proves" the WTS society is the "truth."

I particularly like the "tortured by 'sadistic authorities'" part. Of course, no evidence is brought forward about the "torture" by thost "sadistic" authoritities. The WTS is short on truth and long on rhetoric.

: Its worth remembering too, that this discussion started with a 1971 WT article that claimed:

: ...."October 15, 1944, issue of TheWatchtower. Right on its heels, in the November 1 issue came the leading article announcing "Theocratic Organization in Action." Under appropriate subheadings this article discussed "President," .Servant," . " Governing Body ," In the article that followed the above, in the same issue of TheWatchtower, namely, "The Theocratic Alignment Today," paragraph 3 said: "The visible governing body of the Theocratic organization is and must be appointed only by Jehovah God the Supreme Ruler".....

"Governing Body" was a Rutherford term, while he was the absolute despot of the WT religion.

Ironic, isn't it?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit