JW UN Rumor

by ivanatahan 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ivanatahan
    ivanatahan

Yes, I have returned.

A short recap of major events since my inactivity began: I finally revealed to my parents that I do not believe the same thing they believe in (after I was caught smooching my girlfriend by a family of good-for-nothing pieces of human feces), and of course they view themselves as failed parents who were unable to brainwash their children. That is, of course, the reason why they are much more controlling over what I do in my life now (my mom even tried having a "Bible Study" with me). I told them everything and I was unable to dent their JW imposed mind force field, while also exposing a clear JW misunderstanding of probability, evolution, history, logic/reason, and the Big Bang Theory.

In a conversation I had with my mother a few weeks back (I also heard this rumor before, but my mother told me it again), she mentioned how the UN held a summit of all religions and when the JWs presented themselves and mentioned their preaching work warning of the coming UN ban on religion (referring to an international organization who can't even prevent genocide, much less impose human rights), a UN official came up to the JW who presented the cult and told him to "speed up the preaching work", because they plan on doing the ban soon.

It saddens me to think of how ignorant JWs are in relation to the principles upon which the UN was founded and being unaware that the UN at least has some sense as to NOT ban religion, but this rumor, as ridiculous as it is, needs to be put at rest. Have you guys heard of this, and if so, do you know any background information?

Thanks!

Pope Ioannes Atahan

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I used to hear that back in the seventies, so it's been around a while. It's nonsense, just something to get people scared. Did you know the Watchtower belonged to the UN for a while? When they got caught they tried to pretend it was so they could use their library, but you don't need to join to use the library. It came out in the nineties, they eventually dropped their NGO (non government organization ) membership. This was after they condemned@ the UN for years calling it the scarlet colored beast in revelation.
  • ivanatahan
    ivanatahan
    I used to hear that back in the seventies, so it's been around a while. It's nonsense, just something to get people scared. Did you know the Watchtower belonged to the UN for a while? When they got caught they tried to pretend it was so they could use their library, but you don't need to join to use the library. It came out in the nineties, they eventually dropped their NGO (non government organization ) membership. This was after they condemned@ the UN for years calling it the scarlet colored beast in revelation.

Yeah, I've known that for a bit. It's not that shocking to know it's been around for so long, but I wonder how I could convince people of this.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I used to hear that back in the seventies, so it's been around a while....LisaRose

I heard it too..

It`s an "EXTREMELY OLD" WBT$ JW Urban Legend..

...............Image result for Recycling

...............Image result for Watchtower logo green

...Image result for Urban Legends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    I heard it about 16 years ago - but it's still not as funny as the story about the two pioneer sisters and the Bible study with the walnuts.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I also heard this rumour, about the same time as Searcher: late 90s/early 00s.

They seem to be quite fond of rehashing old stuff, don't they ...

• barry
    barry

Gday Ivanatahan,

I remember at a bible study the teacher rubbished the big bang theory. I made the point that just as we study nature to find the truth about things the big bang theory is not in any way in disagreement with the bible. The bible teaches 'how to get to heaven' not 'how the heavens go'.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    she mentioned how the UN held a summit of all religions and when the JWs presented themselves and mentioned their preaching work warning of the coming UN ban on religion (referring to an international organization who can't even prevent genocide, much less impose human rights), a UN official came up to the JW who presented the cult and told him to "speed up the preaching work", because they plan on doing the ban soon.

I heard a JW was on a plane next to a UN official and they got chatting and the dub said to the UN guy that they were going to ban religion and the UN guy gasps and asks how they knew that info...

Urban myths!

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Urban myths born from cult-confirming paranoia.
  • sir82
    sir82

Have you guys heard of this

Yes, I've heard variations of it for over 40 years.

My favorite variation is the one where the (always unnamed) UN official says to the (always unnamed) JW, "if you guys only knew what we have in store for you....." {Cue Twilight Zone music]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit