I just left the orginization.

by rocker 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi rocker

Your experience is not unlike what is happening in our own area. The teenagers are leaving the "truth" because they feel trapped by the overwhelming rules that the WTBS puts on its followers. No one can live up to the ideal of the "perfect" witness. I have seen many young people leave the WTBS in the past few years. Hopefully the trend continues!

Mrs. Shakita

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi rocker

Your experience is not unlike what is happening in our own area. The teenagers are leaving the "truth" because they feel trapped by the overwhelming rules that the WTBS puts on its followers. No one can live up to the ideal of the "perfect" witness. I have seen many young people leave the WTBS in the past few years. Hopefully the trend continues!

Mrs. Shakita

• Shakita
    Shakita

sorry it double posted...........

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Welcome Rocker. Glad to hear from you. Post again soon.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Hi and welcome to the board. I would have to say you have alot of balls for a 16 year old. I would also have to say that your parents are very different then most JW parents. I have seen them basically lock up their kids or kick them out of their homes if kids said what you said. Be thankful they seem to be caring parents.

Leslie

• Europe
    Europe

Hats off, rocker!

Took a lot of guts to do that!

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Good for you rocker, for kicking they're ass!

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Dazed and Confused, I should NEVER edit posts late at night when I am tired. I messd up the spacing. It was a message to SS to e mail me since his e mail is locked, and I may have some information for him. I'm sorry for the confusion, and I will try and go back and fix the spacing up.

concerned mama

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Welcome Rocker

I left the religion myself last summer, after my kids (who are around your age) explained to me a lot of what you just covered ( one of them had even considered suicide, due to feeling so overwhelmed by the constant legalism). I had been experiencing many troubles myself, but lacked the ability to consider the facts outside of the JW mindset until my kids woke me up.Now we are healing and getting closer as a family, and the kids are having a blast exploring all kinds of new interests.

I suggest you use the search feature on this board and look up archived information on cult mind control, and things that you may experience when you exit a cult. I was surprised when I experienced several of them myself. Educate yourself as much as you can. It will help you understand why your parents can't see your point of view.

You have a lifetime ahead of you to plan for. How wonderfu! Enjoy, but don't self-destruct (sorry, just have to do the mom thing):)

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Welcome Rocker!!! Look forward to your participation here on JWD.

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit