Introducing Myself

by Peony 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Hey from me, too. Tell your husband hello. I hope to hear more of his thoughts and feelings if he ever feels like relating such.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Welcome to the forum, Peony! I'm so happy to read your story, and happy you got out of the cult with your husband.

It's wonderful to live life without having everything you do examined under a microscope and criticized to death. Freedom from the cult is pure joy. Love to you!

Marina

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Welcome Peony ! So nice to see so many are waking up in such a big way . My husband and I had a very similar experience .

I too use to have severe anxiety and depression problems ,that cleared up after getting free from the pressures of the JWs .

It does take time to decompress. I think it took us a good three years to get back onto stable ground after we left .

How are you and your husband coping with the loss of family and friends ?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Welcome!
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story and I hope to learn more. My wife and I just sent in our DA letters ourselves. I'd love to hear how you're dealing with the fallout and how life is going on for you guys. It helps to share our stories and to hear those of others. The journey out can be very lonely.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

we received a text from the elders to say they believed we were celebrating Christmas ( I think the lights on the outside of my house gave it away)!!!

Did the lights outside your house happen to spell out something like... "Thank you Santa for helping me escape from an abusive cult!" ?

• life is to short
    life is to short

Welcome

I can totally relate about the panic attacks, I used to get those along with unbelievably horrible head aches and my heart used to race sometimes while I was just sitting at the meetings so badly that I thought I would pass out.

Now I am a very healthy person outside of the religion and this only happened when I was at the meeting ts or around a JW's. The panic attacks still do happen when I am confronted with a JW who was hateful to me say at the store. I will have an attack shortly afterwords.

My husband was an elder also for 32 years and deleted because I was not in subjection enough because I refused to take a level 2 child molester door to door in our car.

It was such a dark and horrible time for me when I left. I am sorry for the pain you have went though and glad you found this sight. It is wonderful to be here. Thanks for sharing your story.

LITS

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Peony, nice to meet you and very glad you are here.

Your husband sounds like one of the "good guys"....no wonder he didnt fit in.

Look forward to posting with you!

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Welcome! So glad you and hubbie are out together!!!!! I hope the rest of your family is not shunning you.

Isn't it wonderful to think for yourself?And also, isn't Christmas beautiful?

I so agree with always thinking you are not good enough. If you went out in service when you were sick, someone else did it blind with one leg, etc. Some of those stories were almost unbelievable.

• vinman
    vinman

Like everyone, I welcome you as well. You mention panic attacks. The same happened with me. I had to get to my car to feel safe. Isn't it strange that once you know TTATT, the bigger picture unfolds. It is actually terrifying. The KH becomes this creepy place due to mind control.

I'm happy for your escape!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit