Introducing Myself

by Peony 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hello Peony--welcome to the rest of your life ! i'm in the UK too--as my car reg shows.

heres a link to a list of lots of others in the uk:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/197364/ex-jw-uk?size=20&page=1

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    Welcome Peony! Congrats to you and your husband on walking away. I'm pretty new to this site myself. A lot of insight from different viewpoints and supportive as well.
  • Giordano
    Giordano
    Welcome Peony! My wife and I left in the mid 1960's (to date myself) in those days we were called servants not elder's but what does a title mean? Servant vs overseer.........quite a lot actually.
  • clarity
    clarity

Nice to meet you Peony! Welcome to the gang! Great that wt hasn't managed to screw up your marriage. Sounds like 'panic attacks' & wt go hand in hand. The only time in my life they happened, was when I joined up and when I was trying so hard to 'believe' it all again just before I woke up. Never had them again!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you on here along with hubby ...congratulations on your escape!

clarity

• flipper
    flipper
    PEONY- It's really nice to have you here ! I'm so sorry that you and your husband were ill treated- many of us were. The good ones escaped and got out of the Witnesses. I'm happy that your life is less stressful now . Isn't it amazing how we can breathe the air of freedom of mind and clear thinking after leaving the Witnesses ? I've been out 12 years and I'm still amazed at how clearly I can actually think with my mind now after being born and raised in it for 44 years until I escaped in 2003. Take care, say " hi " to hubby for us ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Those of us who are able to fade with their families should never forget how lucky we are.
  • Peony
    Peony
    Haha, Stan livedeath. I beat you on the car reg -whilst pioneering in the late 80's I had a mini kgb 666k. Weirdly was never counselled on that one!
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Welcome Peony, You have a great story. Mine has many things in common with yours including hubby being disgusted with the mishandling of an infamous child abuse case and resigning as an elder.

I too, suffered depression, and anxiety attacks, still do, but have dramatically improved since learning TTATT.

I am very grateful to have left with my husband too. Let's compare Christmas decorations! LOL

• oppostate
    oppostate

Welcome and best wishes free of the WT!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Peony welcome! Your story is so similar to mine. Pioneered ten years and then I got really ill. The other elders gave my husband a hard time too for looking after me, leaving straight after the meeting etc. I never felt good enough either so I know how you felt. My husband was also shocked at the way elders talked about the R+F in elders meetings. We disassociated too. Isn't freedom great! πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸŒΈπŸŒ·πŸŒΌπŸπŸ€πŸŒ»

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit