Who here is shunned by family?

by Brummie 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brummie
    Brummie

Remember the Watchtower that asked "are JWS a cult?" and then listed things that cleared it of the accusations of being such? Cant remember the date.

Anyway one of the things it said was that "cults" usually have a lot of ex members testifying against it and the damage it has caused to their family lives. It concluded that the Watchtower doesnt have ex members with any such problems!!!! Where are they? It asked....durr

Anyway who here still has family still in the WT that shuns you? Mothers & Fathers who cant speak to their children, brothers not speaking to sisters, gran not speaking to grandkids or vice versa...how are you coping?

Or is it true that the WT doesnt have ex members with ruined family lives???...lol

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I haven't talked to anyone in my family for at least 6 months. . . . . . not by my choice either. . . .

• kelpie
    kelpie

yeah right they wished

• Brummie
    Brummie

sorry to hear that StinkyP :(

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Oh! Oh!! Me Me!!!!

I haven't spoken to my family in 10 years. Isn't that great?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yes... and I'm making sure the whole world knows about it too.

• not interested
    not interested

you can count me in too,

my mom and dad talk to me once in a while, but my brothers dont and im not allowed to see my nephews, i can handel not talking to my brothers even though it hurts, but not seeing my nephews realy hurts more than i can say, ive always thought about them as the children that ill never have

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I shunned my father his 8 yrs of being out...he could not even speak to me to tell me that my step brother committed suicide and I could not comfort him. Then he came back and I left. Now he shuns me. it has been 7 yrs now. I grew up virtually without a mother because she was 'weak in the faith'. Now she is 75 yrs old and THIS yr, she called me on the phone for the first time since 1985. I had nothing to do with my nephews until they were 10 yrs old. NO one else in my whole family will speak to me, even the ones who are not JWs--basically because they were against my not speaking to my father, and now they are with him in not speaking to me.

JWs destroyed any hope of a normal family life before I was even born.

And incidentally the JWs do not have a clue how to define a cult. it is easy as 1-2-3...

1-ISOLATION(break any 'worldly' ties, or avoid any 'worldly' information)

2-INSULATION(only social or informational link is to 'mothership')

3-DEMONIZATION(us/them, and they are evil...)

Ravyn

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Brummie-

Thanks. . .

Elsewhere-

I have a similar sticker on my car it says, "Say No to Disfellowshipping" with www.freeminds.com underneath. Unfortunately, only JW's driving behind me will understand, but that's good enough for me.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Elsewhere-

Where'd you get that anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit