Who here is shunned by family?

by Brummie 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Printed it myself

You can get "bumper sticker" paper from Office Depot or Staples or just about any other office supply store.

• starfish422
    starfish422

Nine and a half years here. :(

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have a daughter ,two grand children ,two great grandchildren ( My daughter came to help me look after my other daughter for 10 days after not speaking to me for ten years. The last Aug: after the kingdom Ministry on weather to speak to DFs- she came for a week to help me after I came out of hospital - but after she found out that I attended the courts for Vickie Boer.... She told me over the phone- ( I had called her to find out how my granddaughter Vanessa was- she is Bi Polar)You only want to help EX JWs Goodbye.....Vanessa my granddaughter doesnt go to the meetings anymore.( but still has it in her head) she was counseled after her graduation because she showed her cleavage in her gown-she left the Hall- started drinking heavy- now has two kids- out of wed lock -same Father- but he has another girlfriend- another of my granddaughters is very strong in the Borg & wrote me an e-mail after I sent her $100.00 ( for graduating also) she did not say thanks- just that she did not like the way I live my life- I hadnt seen her in years!!!!!I miss them all I love them all -but understand they must obey their MOTHER( organization) I dont expect to see them again at my age

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Yes, I've been "shunned" by my family for 23 years now. I left the WT in 1980 when I was 24 years old. My kids have been brought up not really knowing my side of the family who are JW's. My daughter used to ask me if she had a Grandma from my side of the family.

For a while my parents did talk to me over a period of about 2 years. Then my mother found out about my websites and she and my father are shunning me once more. So I am now back to square one once again.....sigh.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We are shunned by my husband's youngest brother and his wife. The children have written me thank you notes for graduation gifts, and they were very nice notes too. They live about an hour from us.

My husband's older brother (lived in Florida) died in April, and we found out when we got a Christmas card from his widow. He had had heart disease since his early 40's, and was on borrowed time anyway. She apologized, but had lost our phone number and address. They weren't witnesses, but we had let them know we weren't anymore, and had written a little. I thought of sending a card to the younger brother, telling him his brother died, and let him figure out which brother. What do you think?

• Brummie
    Brummie

Mulan I personally wouldnt do it, but I'd ask the person who told you to also inform him. Sorry to hear of the shunning in your family...grrr

starfish422, Brymichmom, Mouthy, BT, Ravyn, not interested, Elsewhere... thanks for sharing, DAMN what an awful disgusting religion we experienced,

and they are so blind or just bare faced liars to think none of this exsists...

Elsewhere, GREAT bumper sticker! Hope it catches on.

Edited by - brummie on 15 January 2003 23:18:6

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thanks, Brummie. I won't do it, but I was tempted. He has blocked our email, and doesn't respond to any of the letters I send, which are just neutral family stuff, and pictures.

The brother who died and his wife, were never witnesses, so the younger brother never communciated with them. He had never met his sister in law. I will send him another letter, I guess, and tell him his brother died, and which one I mean.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    The brother who died and his wife, were never witnesses, so the younger brother never communciated with them. He had never met his sister in law

That is so sad! If he did ever leave the WTS he could never get back what they have caused him to lose. He will have so many regrets.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

My goodness (((((((Ravyn))))))) What a disaster. Talk about consequenses of actions. That must be terrible. It really pisses me off to see the convoluted damage to families due to this shunning crap.

I wish I had some words of wisdom but I am at a loss for words. At times I have a difficult time dealing with the shunning in my family, but it is not nearly as bad as what you are having to suffer through.

Outoftheorg

Edited by - outoftheorg on 15 January 2003 23:35:58

• Brummie
    Brummie
    My goodness (((((((Ravyn))))))) What a disaster

Thats what I thought when I read Ravyns post, ugh, aweful. Liked your 3 point definition Rav.

(((Mouthy))...you are so huggable and then you have to put up with all of that!

Everyones post is unique and yet so familiar, I feel a group hug coming on...

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit