Thought I was stronger!

by Peony 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Peony
    Peony
    Just come home from a weight loss class early. It's 6 months since I DA'd and two and a half years since I've been to a meeting. There was a witness there (unless she has left, I wouldn't know) we made eye contact! I thought I was stronger but obviously not - I started shaking uncontrollably - I feel like such an idiot because I know I have done nothing wrong. I was hoping she wouldn't stay for the chat part of the class but she sat in front of me!! I had to get up and walk out whilst bawling my eyes out. Mind you there was only about 9 of us sat down, I think it was just too close for comfort. How does everyone else cope when they see witnesses?
  • cappytan
    cappytan

I had a problem this past weekend. I'm undercover and had to spend the evening with my parents. Things turn to spiritual matters, and I put on a mask and smile and say all the right things.

But I had a panic attack on the way home and vomited.

I'm hoping things get easier.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I've had that experience as well. And I'm only faded!
  • Peony
    Peony
    It's just horrible, mind you going back would be Much worse, a glass or two of wine seems to have helped 😏
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

They take off like a turkey in a corn field. They are afraid to look me straight in the eye.

It took me years to get to this point, they have no power over me anymore and they can

sense that.

• Peony
    Peony
    That's what I'm hoping to get to James Moxon, maybe it's too early days.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Peony: hang in there. You will eventually get at a stage where you will

say, bring me a JW elder and let me set him straight while looking at him

straight into his eyes.

• besty
    besty
    peony - check your personal messages - beside your username top right you should see an envelope icon - click that :-)
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu
    cappytan
    I had a problem this past weekend. I'm undercover and had to spend the evening with my parents. Things turn to spiritual matters, and I put on a mask and smile and say all the right things.
    But I had a panic attack on the way home and vomited.
    I'm hoping things get easier.

I know this feeling.

I avoid eating with my parents at home - so I don't have tp pray.

• Peony
    Peony

Hi Besty

I can't see the envelope icon!!??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit