It is NOT The Watchtower Society anymore?!?

by email 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Why not just call them the "vatican"?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Why is it, everytime I see something quoted from the "slaves" literature that I want to take a stack of old Watchtowers and Awakes down from the attic, make a little paper nest with the crumpled pages and take a big dump right in the middle of it? Can anyone explain?

Well, instead of doing that. Mail'em to Randy Watters or David A. Reed. They can make good use of it for their newsletters if they can good articles they can scan for everyone to read and see to point out their crap that they print.

Yizuman

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

At the mention of FDS, I get this visual image of a feminine deodorant-hehe.

• email
    email

GermanJW said:

*** w98 3/15 19 Living Up to Christian Dedication in Freedom ***
    In order to avoid misunderstandings, Jehovahs Witnesses try to be careful about how they express themselves. Instead of saying, the Society teaches, many Witnesses prefer to use such expressions as, the Bible says or, I understand the Bible to teach. In this way they emphasize the personal decision that each Witness has made in accepting Bible teachings and also avoid giving the false impression that Witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect.

It makes sense and theyve done in the past from a suggestion to the congregations they now turn it into an unwritten law

Still the " impression that Witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect" will STILL remain.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo
    In this way they emphasize the personal decision that each Witness has made in accepting Bible teachings and also avoid giving the false impression that Witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect.

What a crock the above statement is, since when can the R&F express their own opinions about any doctrinal teachings?

When you question something or insist it's wrong.... Whamo!

Just ask mouthy.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Cicatrix,I was thinking the same thing!

No matter what they want to be called,it's all a crock of s*#t.

• minimus
    minimus

They still refer to themselves as "the Society". They prefer that you use "branch", when appropriate. When CO's read a letter, they still say "the Society".

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

AS you may recall a few years back as the Society was being called a child molster's paradise, the Society cleaned house.

Not that it should be, but it was beginning to clean house to protect itself against judgements on those issues on molisters. Now remember, even the President back then and all high poisitions had to resign in orser to rearriange and seperate itself from the watcher, Bethel, and Governing Body.

Today, as I understand it, The Governing Body is just a group of attorneys to protect itself from the rest of the Witnesses, if more charges were brought up on an individual was accused of molesting, the Watchtower Society, couldn't be acused of harboring them. That's the way I understand it.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Aren't all the FDS dead? So then who can sue an FDS or Slave? Ingenius!
    I was told by a sister a few months ago that they no longer use the word Society but are now using the term "organization" so I'm confused!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit