It is NOT The Watchtower Society anymore?!?

by email 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

This is similar to talks and a study article some time ago that said we should refer to the Bible as the source of our beliefs and stop saying the "society says"

As an attorney I can appreciate that such a trend could help with liability issues.

As for why there might be such a trend, we must consider the unique period in the org's history that we are in. For the first time in the org's history the faithful don't have either a concrete date or a ticking "biological clock" like the Generation Doctrine to look forward to. (This isn't quite true because there is still the occasional reference to the belief that the anointed will be alive when Armageddon comes--this is the last such "biological deadline" still within the organization.)

We are approaching a full century after 1914. And while there are wars and other global problems and these make all persons concerned, the foretold calamities have not occurred according to past Watchtower claims. Wisely, the Society has shifted away from making any more prophetic claims. Therefore the result is that the whole organization is in a period of stagnation and drift.

The Internet has had a profound effect on access to information. (This is the subject of a book I am working on.) This has opened the eyes of the younger witnesses, combined the relaxation towards pursuing higher education, all of which points towards a desperate future for the organization and retaining its membership since these two things alone make for a more critical or should be say "observant" (in the positive sense of the word) member of the flock.

the FDS doctrine is the last major doctrine which allows the leadership to claim control as the only source of divine communication among the world today. The belief that this org is directly inspired and led by God and Jesus via the implement of the FDS is what keeps many persons in the org. It is an open question as to how many would leave or not be attracted to the org without this doctrine.

Yet make no bones friends,the doctrine of the FDS is a dying doctrine. By its very terms, the FDS consists of persons claiming to be of the anointed. By current teaching these anointed were sealed as a class in 1935. (And there are only very conservative procedures for so called replacements of the number of anointed.) That means that within the next 30 years the entire generation of remaining anointed will be dead--sooner or later.

Just ask yourself what will happen when all of the "anointed" are dead. Where will the FDS slave be then and what will that mean for the claim that divine truths are coming from FDS ON EARTH.

No, the doctrine is dead and it is only a matter of time before it will be revised or dropped entirely.

Then will come a major change in the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses.

So it is very strange that there should be any movement towards vesting authority in the FDS when the FDS will eventually die. If anything, there should be a trend away from vesting the authority for the teachings in the hands of the FDS. (Which in any case we know to be a popular fallicy since the vast majority of persons that make up the FDS,i.e. of the anointed, have absolutely nothing to do with creating/providing the "food". Not too mention that the very doctrine is a gross error anyway.)

If this is a true trend and official position it is going to come around to bite the org in the behind. Again this is because the FDS doctrine is destined for MAJOR revision if not complete abandonment!

-Eduardo

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

(((((((((((((((((((((E-Mail))))))))))))))))):X:X:X:X:X:X:X:X

I hadn't heard that till you told me thank you for sharing. Interesting.
    They are soo full of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Scully
    Scully

I've noticed on some of the correspondence posted here that they have changed the way they sign letters to the congregation. Haven't seen the same change with letters specifically to the elders.

Used to be

But in letters to congregations they are now signed by "The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Love, Scully

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

IT'S THE SLAVE!! CRACK THE WHIPS!!!

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I think they will be moving to apply the term "slave" to non-anointed ones in the future, therebygetting them out of the anoire dying binThis will have to be accompanied by a new "understanding" that the anointed will die off before armageddon.

Thier new light "dogma" has always been just a way for them do deal with reality when it hits them squarely in the face. It has nothing to do with "god's holy spirit" which should be obvious to any with an open mind. I think I realized this while I was still "in" and they made the generation change

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have a sneaking suspicion that any new guideline in this direction has a much more subtle but dangerous purpose behind it.

What is known as The Watchtower Society (along with its legal corporations) is now a legal corporation led by mostly lawyers. It in actuality has nothing to do with the FDS.

The FDS are for the most part a group of oged men who are close to death and probably are not well enough to be make the day to day decisions about how this corporation is run

Just as Rutherford forced a take -over after the death os Russell I woul dnot be surprised if a bunch of lawyers are again planning (or already have) taken over the main operations of WTS. Being lawyers (who are educated in the play of words and semantics) their goal may be to distance themselves from the FDS.

By teaching the R&F to move away from the concept of WTS to FDS it becomes a simple step for the lawyers to shift blame for "bad judgement" onto individual elders and even onto the frail and almost senile FDS that are left. It wouldn't surprise me either to see them shift blame onto some who have died or to those who have been or will be DFed. (Expect another major ousting to "clean house")

The greater the separation between the legal corporation and the FDS and the R&F the less chance the WTS can legally be held accountable for past mistakes (i.e. the mismanagement of abuse cases). As more and more lawsuits come forward the greater the need for separation.

think I am tired so not too sure how much sense this makes

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I remember when they had us use the little card that identified us as being associated with the local congregation in preaching the good news.We were not to say to the householder that we part of the WB&TS..

The reason was that when you got into any trouble on someones property, it was between you and them not the WB&TS. There were other reasons too,but,you know them already. Blueblades

• Roski
    Roski

I recently had a call from a family member (elder) who asked me if I still believed in the FDS. At the time I felt that this question may have been the deciding factor for D/A, (or D/F) and perhaps one that the elders had been directed to ask. I also felt that it suggested a (re) focus on the concept of people (FDS) being the direct line for Jeh. holy spirit, (as opposed to the idea of an organization, which could be analyzed and found wanting) and non-blief in such would constitute a person as apostate. The concept of these individuals being put/allowed by jehovah may be easier to push home than that of an organization.

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

I heard they were suppose to just refer to them now as BIG BROTHER

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I was corrected on this point a couple of months ago on Beliefnet. I referred to the Watchtower Society as the entity to which JWs looked for guidance, and they informed me that the Watchtower Society is the legal corporation and has nothing to do with the FDS. They stated in that post that they follow the FDS, and NOT a legal corporation.

This seemed a little odd to me at the time, but it does fit with what you've reported here. I think it will take awhile for the R&F to get used to it, however, since they've since fallen back into the old habit of speaking about the Society, and the Organization being equivalent to the FDS in their minds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit