WTBTS Monitoring Discussion Boards??????

by normie67 31 Replies latest jw friends

• normie67
    normie67

Just curious many say that the Org monitors DBs, but anybody have concrete proof of this?? Oh by the way at the recent CA DBs were mentioned from the platform!!! The thought was "some JWs were visting Jehovahs Witness Discusssion Boards and trying to correspond with some"...might not be exactly what was said(Not an actual quote)...they mentioned put a doubt in your mind and start questioning your beliefs!!! Is there any proof that the Org is monitoring these DBs????
    Kind of interesting tho that the DO mentioned "Jehovahs Witness" DBs..mmmmmmm

normie

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Don't worry, they are not monitoring us. However, they are spying on you.

• rob
    rob

Wait, wait..... Fred said "they" are spying, not "we' are spying. Mmmm...

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Watch it Rob, you might be next in line.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Its ok the subliminal demonic messages we post from time to time realy screw their minds up. just look at fred.

gnik si natas lived eht pihsrow

"But it does move"
    Galileo

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

The WTBTS does monitor apostate/opposer sources. This was admitted in a WT study article in the early 1970s. (I forget the exact reference.) Interestingly, the mention was a sort of cautionary tale as it reported that the brother and his wife both had to be disfellowshipped later. It seemed that he and she got more education from the sources than was intended by the WTBTS.

• mommy
    mommy

Hey Skimmer,
    Welcome I remember that tale as well. I was told it as a child to prove how powerful apostate material is. It proved how demonized it was, just holding it in your hands etc.
    wendy

• RR
    RR

I wouldn't put it past the Society to monitor these boards. As was mentioned above the Society does monitor certain 'apostates' and does keep tabs on what is said and done by opposers, or how else would they know to take action.

I remember a friend of mine at Bethel telling me there is a room, a special library privy ONLY to those on the writing committee, and in this library are ALL apostate books.

Years ago, a friend of mine saw a little booklet called "When Pastor Russell Died," in their library. It was a history of the events since the death of Russell published by the Bible Students, so apparently they do some kind of monitoring.

Originally, I was told that the Society had "spies", people who would purchase certain items for them, subscription to certain anti-WT journals, books, booklets. Can't say if it's true, but .... as I said, I wouldn't put it past them.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

I think they do. I think that is why they are so paranoid about the internet. My Dad told me that at their last C.A. the C.O. said, that anything you needed to find research on could be found in a good encyclopedia set. And warned them not to succumb to the temptation of the internet.
    TW

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

I think the society monitors some boards as well because sometimes in some WT study articles, you will see some sentences alluding to things only mentioned by former JWs in message boards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit